7. 2010·四川卷 完形填空
Recently, I flew to Las Vegas to attend a meeting. As we were about to arrive，the pilot announced with apology that there would be a slight 21 before setting down. High desert winds had 22 the airport to close all but one runway. He said that we would be 23 the city for a few minutes waiting to 24 . We were also told to remain in our seats meanwhile with our seat belts fastened 25 there might be a few bumps(颠簸)．Well, that few minutes turned into about four—five minutes，including a ride that would make a roller coaster(过山车) 26 by comparison.
The movement was so fierce that several passengers felt 27 and had to use airsickness bags. As you might guess，that’s not good thing to have happen in a(n) 28 space because it only 29 to increase the discomfort of the situation.
About twenty minutes into the adventure，the entire airplane became very 30 .
There was now a sense of anxiety and fear that could be 31 noticed．Every passenger simply held on for dear life …except one. A 32 was having a good time! With each bump of the 33 !he would let out a giggle(咯咯的笑) of delight As I observed this，I 34 that he didn’t know he was supposed to be afraid and worried about his 35 . He neither thought about the past nor about the future Those are what we grown—ups have learned from 36 .He was 37 the ride because had not yet been taught to fear it. Having understood this，I took a deep breath and 38 back into my seat，pretending I was 39 on a roller coaster. I smiled for the rest of the flight. I even 40 to giggle once or twice, much to the chagrin(懊恼) of the man sitting next to me holding the airsickness bag.
21. A. mistake B. delay C. change D. wind
22. A. forced B. warned C. swept D. reminded
23. A. watching B. visiting C. circling D. crossing
24. A. arrive B. enter C. stop D. land
25. A. if B. though C. because D. while
26. A. light B. pale C. easy D. quick
27. A. sick B. nervous C. angry D. afraid
28. A. empty B. narrow C. secret D. open
29. A. happens B. continues C. fails D. serves
30. A. quiet B. hot C. dirty D. crowded
31. A. partly B. gradually C. shortly D. clearly
32. A. pilot B. baby C. guard D. man
33. A. seats B. passengers C. flight D. airplane
34. A. realized B. hoped C. agreed D. insisted
35. A. health B. safety C. joy D. future
36. A. teachers B. books C. experience D. practice
37. A. learning B. taking C. missing D. enjoying
38. A. sat B. lay C. went D. rode
39. A. nearly B. finally C. really D. suddenly
40. A. attempted B. managed C. wanted D. decidedw
解析：根据 “High desert winds…to close all but one runway”可知因沙尘暴关闭所有的跑道，只留一条，故应为延时降落。
解析：飞机在等待降落的过程中应该是绕城市盘旋。故应选C。 A. watch用于着动态的场面； B. visit意为“参观，拜访”； D. cross意为“横穿”
解析：make…pale by comparison “使……相形见绌”，此处用以强调飞机在空中极不稳定
解析：句意为：“象过山车一样的巨烈运动使旅客恶心而不得不用呕吐袋。A. sick 意为“恶心的”；B. nervous意为“紧张的”； C. angry 意为“生气的”；D. afraid意为“害怕的”。
解析：此空前的that指的是using airsickness bags，也就是发生在飞机上狭小空间中的呕吐，因此选用narrow“狭窄的”，后面的space指的是飞机内部空间。empty 意为“空的”，secret意为“秘密的”，均不合题意。
解析：根据后面的 a sense of anxiety and fear可知，人们都很紧张、焦虑，在这种情形下飞机上的人一定是静悄悄的。
解析：从后文中的 “he didn’t know he was supposed to be afraid and worried…Those are what we grown—ups have learned …”他不知道害怕和着急……，那是我们成年人……，可推测出应该是孩子
解析：sat back into my seat意为坐回到座位上
解析：我甚至咯咯地笑了一两次。作者应该是真的笑出了声，才让邻座的手拿呕吐袋的人懊恼。做成了某事用managed to do.