My father brought home a sailboat when I was ten, and almost each Sunday in summers we would go sailing. Dad was quite skilled in sailing, but not good at 36 . As for me, I 37 both before twelve because of living close to Lake Ontario.
The last time Dad and I set sail together is really 38 . It was a perfect weekend after I graduated from university. I came home and 39 Dad to go sailing. Out we set soon on the 40 lake. Dad hadn’t sailed for years, but everything 41 well with the tiller（舵柄）in his hands.
When we were in the middle of the lake, a 42 wind came all of a sudden. The boat was hit 43 . Dad was always at his best in any 44 , but at this moment he 45 .
“John! 46 !” he shouted in a trembling voice, with the tiller still in his hands.
In my memory he could fix any 47 . He was the one I always 48 for strength and security. Before I could respond, a 49 of water got into the boat. I rushed to the tiller 50 it was too late. Anther huge wall of water 51 the boat in a minute. We were thrown into the water, and Dad was struggling aimlessly. At that moment, I felt fiercely 52 of him.
I swam to Dad 53 and assisted him in climbing onto the hull（船壳）of the boat. Upon sitting on the hull, Dad was a little awkward about his flash of 54 . “It’s all right, Dad. We are safe now,” I comforted him.
That was the first time Dad had counted on me in a moment of emergency. More importantly, I found it was my turn to start 55 for my father.
36.A.boating B. running C. swimming D. teaching
37.A.enjoyed B. desired C. hated D. learned
38.A.unforgivable B. unforgettable C. cheerful D. regretful
39.A.sent B. ordered C. invited D. allowed
40.A.calm B. icy C. stormy D. thundery
41.A.finished B. went C. seemed D. sounded
42.A.strong B. gentle C. cold D. hot
43.A.respeatedly B. lightly C. hardly D. violently
44. A. danger B. place C. sport D. job
45. A. suffered B. fell C. froze D. withdrew
46. A. look B. Help C. Run D. Jump
47. A. problem B. relationship C. machine D. boat
48. A. turned to B. lived with C. argued with D. objected to
49. A. fountain B. stream C. shower D. wave
50. A. if B. for C. after D. but
51. A. got through B. poured into C. turned over D. lifted up
52. A. ashamed B. protective C. tired D. afraid
53. A. hopelessly B. quickly C. slowly D. helplessly
54. A. pain B. anger C. fear D. shame
55. A. making up B. getting ready C. paying off D. looking out
【答案】36-40 CDBCA 41-45 BADAC 46-50 BAADD 51-55 CBBCD