21. Take your time-it’s just ______short distance from here to ______restaurant.
A. 不填；the B. a; the C. the; a D. 不填；a
22. —I’m sorry I broke the vase.
—Oh, _____It wasn’t very expensive.
A. you’d better not B. I’m afraid not C. as you wish D. that’s all right
23. Find ways to praise your children often,____ you’ll find they will open their hearts to you.
A. till B. or C. and D. but
24. The two girls are so alike that strangers find ____difficult to tell one from the other.
A. it B. them C. her D. that
25. They are broadening the bridge to ____ the flow of traffic.
A. put off B. speed up C. turn on D. work out
26. I’m afraid he’s more of a talker than a doer, which is ____ he never finishes anything.
A. that B. when C. where D. why
27. Look over there-there’s a very long, winding path ____ up to the house.
A. leading B. leads C. led D. to lead
28. He had his camera ready ____ he saw something that would make a good picture.
A. even if B. if only C. in case D. so that
29. —Are you going to Tom’s birthday party?
—____. I might have to work.
A. It depends B. Thank you C. Sounds great D. Don’t mention it
30. I’m sorry I didn’t phone you, but I’ve been very busy_____ the past couple of weeks.
A. beyond B. with C. among D. over
31. When I got on the bus, I ____ I had left my wallet at home.
A. was realizing B. realized C. have realized D. would realize
32. The old town has narrow streets and small houses ____ are built close to each other.
A. they B. where C. what D. that
33. We’ve offered her the job, but I don’t know ____ she’ll accept it.
A. where B. what C. whether D. which
34. There’s a ____ in our office that when it’s somebody’s birthday, they bring in a cake for us all share.
A. tradition B. balance C. concern D. relationship
35. She was surprised to find the fridge empty; the children ____ everything!
A. had been eating B. had eaten C. have eaten D. have been eating
I first went to hear a live rock concert when I was eight years old. My brother and his friends were all __36__ of a heavy metal group called Black Wednesday. When they __37__ that Black Wednesday were going to perform at our local theatre, they all bought __38__ for the performance. However, at the last minute, one of the friends couldn’t go, so my brother __39__ me the ticket. I was really __40__!
I remember the buzz(嘈杂声)of excitement inside the theatre as we all found our __41__.After a few minutes, the lights went down and everybody became __42__. I could barely make out the stage in the __43__.We waited. Then there was a roar from the crowd, like an explosion, as the first members of the band __44__ the stage. My brother leaned over and shouted something in my ear, but I couldn’t __45__ what he was saying. the first song was already starting and the music was as __46__ as a jet engine. I could __47__ the drum beats and the bass notes in my stomach.
I can’t recall any of the songs that the band played. I just __48__ that I really enjoyed the show and didn’t want it to __49__.But in the end, after three encore(加演)，the show finished. We left the __50__ and walked unsteadily out onto the pavement. I felt a little dizzy, as if I had just __51__ from a long sleep. My ears were still __52__ with the beat of the last song.
After the __53__,I became a Black Wednesday fan too for a few years before getting into other kinds of music. Once in a while, __54__ , I listen to one of their songs and __55__I’m back at that first show.
36. A. members B. friends C. fans D. volunteers
37. A. guessed B. discovered C. thought D. predicted
38. A. flowers B. drinks C. clothes D. tickets
39. A. booked B. offered C. returned D. found
40. A. relaxed B. embarrassed C. excited D. encouraged
41. A. seats B. entrance C. spots D. space
42. A. comfortable B. quiet C. serious D. nervous
43. A. silence B. noise C darkness D. smoke
44. A. fell upon B. got through C. broke into D. stepped onto
45. A. forget B. hear C. repeat D. bear
46. A. loud B. hard C. sweet D. fast
47. A. feel B. touch C. enjoy D. digest
48. A. realize B. understand C. believe D. remember
49. A. continue B. delay C. finish D.change
50. A. party B. theatre C. opera D. stage
51. A. escaped B. traveled C. benefited D. woken
52. A. aching B. burning C. ringing D. rolling
53. A. competition B. performance C. interview D. celebration
54. A. though B. otherwise C. instead D. besides
55. A. decide B. regret C. conclude D. imagine