英文中有很多缩写,其中有个很常用的ASAP你知道是什么意思吗?看看《极品老妈》的这个片段吧。

 

对话原文

 

I screwed up. I ordered chicken paillard,

我搞砸了 我点了炙鸡肉

but it was supposed to be a hanger steak.

但其实应该是腹肉牛排

It's true.

是的

After all these years, she's still not good at this.

干了这么多年后 她依然很不擅长

Please help me.

求你帮帮我

That table may be my only decent tip of the night.

那一桌可能是我今晚唯一过得去的小费

Oh. Well, that changes everything.

那改变了一切

Uh, listen up, everyone.

听好了 各位

Christy needs money. Let's really pull together.

克里丝蒂需要钱 咱们齐心协力吧

Oh, my God.

天啊

The law firm that I'm working for

我工作的那家律所

needs me to come in right now.

要我立刻过去

“Big case, all hands on deck.

大案子 需要所有人手

We need you ASAP."

我们需要你立刻赶来

 

今日重点:

搞砸了:screw up

(敲薄后烤炙的)一块肉:paillard

烤腹肉牛排:hanger steak。hanger,衣架,挂钩

擅长:be good at

得体的,像样的:decent

小费:tip。还可表示“尖端”,fingertip,指尖

齐心协力:pull together

律师事务所:law firm

紧急集合:all hands on deck

立刻:ASAP。是as soon as possible的缩写

 

想看完整视频,请关注【沪江英语】公众号