来源：普特英语听力 2011-10-01 06:00
1. A humid continental climate is found in the north-eastern part of the country.
2. In the south-eastern United States you can find ahumid subtropical climate.
3. The Pacific northwest is favored with a maritime climate.
4. The southern part of the Pacific coast in California has a Mediterranean climate with warm, dry summers and moist winters.
5. Many factors besides latitude influence the climate in the United States. Perhaps the most important forces are the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, the Gulf of Mexico, and the Great Lakes.
1.Traditionally from the east to the west the United States can be divided into seven geographical regions.
2.New England is made up of six states of the Northeast .Because of its stony soil it is not noted for its agriculture. Dairying is the most inportant farm activity. New Englishis also well-known for its position in education, Many famous universities and colleges such as Yale, Harvard, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology(MIT) are located here.
3.Chicago, the largest and busiest port on the Great Lakes, is the largest industrial and commercial center of the area.
4.Detroit is known as the automobile capital of the world. Omaha is known as the agricultural capital of the United states.
5.Dry farming, irrigation farming, and the cattle and sheep herding are the main ativities of the Great Plains of the American West.
6.Colorado has been called the steel city of the west. Denver is the largest city of the Great Plains.
7.the largest groups of Native Americans are found on the Colorado Plateau.
8.Mmauna Loa, the world's largest volcano, is located on Haiwaii and erupts from time to time. Suger cane and pineapples are Haiwaii's main crops.Tourism is Haiwaii's most important industry.
9.Honolulu is the capital of Haiwaii and Juneau is the capital of Alaska.
1.New Englanders were originally knows as Yankees,which came to stand for all American.
2.The Middle Atlantic States have about one fifth of the total population of the United States.
3.The soil is rich, the rain usually plentiful and the growing season long, these factors make the Midwest America's most important agricultural area. It is also a major manufacturing region and the nation's leading center of heavy industry.