1. _____is a fork legend brought to England by Anglo-Saxonsfrom their continental homes, it is a long poem of over 3000 lines and the national epic of the English people.
B sir Gawain
C the Canterbury tale
D king Arthur and his knights
2. The father of English poetry, the author of Troilus andCriseyde is also the one of ____.
A Romeo and Juliet
B the faerie queen
D the Canterbury tales
3.The Tenth Muse Lately Sprung up in America was written by ___.
A John Smith B John Ellis
C Anne Bradstreet D Nathaniel Morton
3. The group of Shakespeare plays known as “romance”or “reconciliation plays” is ______.
A merchant of Venice, as you like it
B the tempest, pericles, the winter’s tale
C Romeo and Juliet, antonym and Cleopatra
4. Which of the following are regarded as Shakespeare’s four great tragedies?
A Romeo and Juliet, hamlet, Othello, King Lear
B Romeo and Juliet, hamlet, Othello, Macbeth
C hamlet, Othello, King Lear, Macbeth
D Romeo and Juliet, Othello, Macbeth, Timon of Athens
5. Which of the following is not the work of Francis bacon?
A advancement of learning
B new instrument
C songs of innocence
6. At the beginning of 17th century appeared a school of poets called metaphysics by SamuelJohnson, ____is the founder of metaphysical poetry.
A Ben Johnson
B john Milton
C john Bunyan
D john Donne
7. “He has a servant called Friday.” “he”in the quoted sentence is a character in______.
A Henry fielding’s tom jones
B john Bunyan’ the pilgrim’s progress
C Richard brinsley Sheridan’s the school for scandal
D Daniel Defoe’s Robinson Crusoe
8. Guiiliver’ travel was written by____.
A Daniel Defoe
B Charles dickens
C Jonathan swift
D Joseph Addison
9. William Wordsworth is generally known as a ____poet.
10. Daniel Defoe is a famous____.
Beowulf是Anglo-Saxon时代留下的重要的古英语文学作品，它被认为是英国的民族史诗。sirGawain and the green knight，king Arthur and his knights of the round table是中古英语时期的浪漫传奇。the Canterbury tale是英国大诗人乔叟的一部诗体短篇小说集。
乔叟被誉为英国诗歌之父，Troilus and Criseyde是他的重要作品之一。
1608-1612被认为是莎翁的浪漫剧创作时期，包括四部浪漫剧和解剧the tempest, pericles, thewinter’s tale，Cymbeline 。 merchant of Venice, as you like it，twelfth night，the merry wives ofWindsor为莎翁的喜剧，Romeo and Juliet, antonym and Cleopatra为悲剧。
莎翁最杰出的四大悲剧为hamlet, Othello, King Lear, Macbeth。
songs of innocence是英国18世纪末19世纪初浪漫主义诗人William Blake的著作。
john Donne是17世纪玄学派诗人的重要代表人物，Ben Johnson是莎翁同时代的剧作家，johnMilton，john Bunyan虽都是17世纪著名作家，但作品风格与玄学派大相径庭。
Daniel Defoe创作的鲁宾逊漂流记中的主人公Robinson Crusoe有个同伴和仆人叫Friday。
Guiiliver’ travel是Jonathan swift一部极具魅力的儿童故事，同时包含深刻的思想内容。