- I might have known.
- Wendy! Wendy!
- Yes, father?
- Would you kindly...
- Oh, mother! You look lovely.
- Thank you, dear.
- Wendy. Just my old gown made over...
- Mary, if you don't mind...
- Why, father, what have you done to your shirt?
- What have I...? Oohhh!
- Now George, really it comes right off.
- That's no excuse. Wendy, haven't I warned you?
- Stuffing the boys with silly stories...
1. I might have known.
We might have done still better at that.
The dust may be settling on this dispute more quickly than it might have done.
2. Just my old gown made over...
He asked the tailor to make over his trousers.
Can you make over this old shirt?
3. Mary, if you don't mind...
Do you mind if I read aloud?
Do you mind me smoking here?
4. Stuffing the boys with silly stories...
Don't stuff your head with nonsense.
You have stuff in the freezer since the beginning of time.