- You know, I can't help but notice you seem a little at war with yourself here.
- I'm only picking up bits and pieces.
- Overprotective mother, forbidden road trip. This is serious stuff.
- But let me ease your conscience.
- This is part of growing up.
- A little rebellion, a little adventure, that's good. Healthy, even.
- You think?
- I know. You're way over-thinking this, trust me.
- Does your mother deserve it? No.
- Would this break her heart and crush her soul? Of course.
- But you've just got to do it.
1. I can't help but notice you seem a little at war with yourself here.
at war with: 与...作战,矛盾
Her imagination and her reason are not at war with each other.
Through all these strategies, you have been at war with your depression, doing everything within your power to get rid of it.
2. I'm only picking up bits and pieces.
bits and pieces: 鸡零狗碎，一点点
She made up a good lunch from bits and pieces.
It's hard to explain. I only know bits and pieces.
3. You're way over-thinking this, trust me.
So have your electrical bills gone way down? -Yeah, that's for sure. -Yeah.
When a woman feels comfortable opening up to you and telling you details about her life, you'll be way ahead of other men.
4. Would this break her heart and crush her soul?
break one's heart and crush one's soul: 撕心裂肺
At best, dealing with these issues helps people mature and gain wisdom, but at worst, they can completely break your heart and crush your soul.