Reports Format 报告格式
Report formats vary from company to company. However, most long or formal reports have 11elements. Not every report will contain all 11 parts. You may want to omit some part, dependingon the kind of report and on your reader’s needs; nonetheless, you should be aware of thepurpose and function of each part.
• Second category — left margin, in capitals 二级标题居左，大写。
• Third category — left margin, initial capitals, underscored 三级标题居左，首字母大写，下划线。
• Fourth category — indented five spaces from left margin, initial capitals, underscored 四级标题缩进（5个字符），首字母大写，下划线。
• Fifth category — left margin, initial capitals 五级标题居左首字母大写。
• Page numbers 页码 — 一般可放置在页面中间或右上方，距离边界4行左右的位置处。或者也可放在页面下方或右下方相似位置。
• Major heading 大标题 — 居中大写。
• Subheading 小标题 — 居左大写。
• Margins 边距 — 左边距 1.5英寸; 右边距 1英寸; 上下边距 1.5英寸。
• Body of report 报告正文— 两倍行距
• Long quotes 长断引用— 一倍行距，可使用页面结尾的脚注、表格或文末参考来表示。
• How do we achieve the desired outcome?
• How can we persuade people to agree with our plan of action?
Let‘s have a case！实例~
以下是一个独立报告的实例 Stand-alone report
MAEUMAN STORES, NOTTING HILL BRANCH
REPORT ON POSSIBILITY OF OPENING A CRECHE
I was asked to investigate the opening of a crèche at the Notting Hill branch by Mrs Lillian Cheng. In order to do this the following steps were taken.
1. I obtained a breakdown of figures showing the number of customers with young children.
2. I discussed this issue with several customers who brought children to the store.
3. The accommodation, staffing and insurance issues were considered.
4. I investigated the experience of other shops that already have a crèche.
1. 7.3% of Maruman customers have at least one child under the age of 3.
2. The majority of customers interviewed said they would use a crèche if the cost was reasonable. Some of these customers also commented that other friends who are not presently customers might also consider using the shop if there was a crèche.
3. There are strict laws and regulations concerning accommodations and staffing of a crèche. The site would have to be approved to run a crèche before we could start one.
4. Staff appointed to run the crèche would have to be fully qualified.
5. A suitable space would have to be found. This would require running water as well as toilets. The crèche would have to be close to the store entrance but due to noise levels it should be kept separate from the main store.
6. The company would be required to ensure adequate insurance.
7. Many rival stores in the neighbourhood are offering crèche facilities.
A crèche would be popular and well-used if we decided to go ahead with this.
I suggest that the company should give further consideration to offering a crèche and investigate the financial aspects that would be involved.
Customer Service Executive
20 April 201-（日期）
1.Shirley Taylor.《商务英语写作实例精解》第七版.北京：外语教学研究出版社, 2014
2.Powerful Business Writing.Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center, Inc, 2005