看生活大爆炸学英语第五季第九集

【剧情介绍】Leonard和Penny分手后第一次单独出去看电影,因为不在以情侣的身份约会,Leonard决定不再将就Penny,选自己爱看的电影,并且跟PennyAA制。Sheldon因为小时候常鸟类欺负而有恐鸟症,开始与阳台上那只蓝松鸦斗智斗勇。

1. I know, it's high-resolution sadness.
我知道了,  这就是高清控的悲哀啊。

high-resolution高分辨率

2. Sir, I have no doubt that there are things that you're frightened of. Being stuck in a dead-end public service job. Or your wife stepping out on you.
先生,毋庸置疑,你也害怕一些东西吧。比如  供职公共服务行业,无出头之日,或你老婆背着你出轨。

step out on在爱情上不忠实于(某人)

3. This would go a lot faster if you put your trade school diploma to work and helped me set up this high-frequency tone generator.
要是你能把你那专科学历学以致用,帮我装好高频音波发生器的话就能快很多了。

trade school职业学校;中等专业学校

4. Still my first choice for an ankle tattoo. Or a dolphin-- I go back and forth.
(蜂鸟)仍是我脚踝纹身的首选图案,要不就是海豚,我也在犹豫。

go back and forth犹豫不决

5. It's not a death ray. It's just a little ultrasonic blast to scare him off.
这不是死亡射线,这只是一点超声波用来吓唬它的。

Scare off吓跑

6. That's a living thing; get cracking.
那就是个活得东西,开始吧。

get cracking开始工作,行动起来;

7. Yeah, neither of us minored in bird-shooing.
对,我们都没修过“赶鸟”这门课。

minor in辅修;兼修major in主修

8. Oh. Who am I kidding? This isn't a moment for strict adherence to the literal.
我这跟谁开玩笑呢? 这哪是抠字眼的时候啊。

adherence to 遵守,strict adherence to the literal咬文嚼字

《实习医生格蕾》、《24小时》等著名美剧演员最新舞台剧作品《绝密》登陆上海>>