《生活大爆炸》S03E10口语精华 谢耳朵教潘小花物理
来源:沪江英语
2011-11-14 08:00
看生活大爆炸学英语第三季第十集
【剧情介绍】Penny希望能像Bernadette一样懂Leonard的工作,因此请Sheldon教她物理。Howard则因为Leonard邀请Bernadette去参观他的实验而吃飞醋。
1. For example, I'm sure he'd be delightfully taken aback if you cleaned your apartment.
比如,如果你整理了你的房间,他肯定会又惊又喜。
taken aback惊讶,大吃一惊。
2. Wow, you really are a piece of work。
哇,你还真是个人才。
a piece of work(以其与众不同的行为或态度而)引人注目的人;讨厌的家伙;费力的工作;难事。
3. Don't play innocent with me. OK? I practically invent educing fancy lab equipment to seduce women.
少跟我装无辜,用实验室设备引诱女人可以说是我发明的伎俩。
4. I'm about to embark on one of the great challenges of my scientific career: teaching Penny physics.
我即将开始应对我科学生涯中最大的挑战之一:教Penny物理。
embark on从事,着手做某事
5. Subject appears well-rested and enthusiastic. Apparently, ignorance is bliss.
实验对象精力充沛,热情四射。显然,无知是福啊!
6. I got a real hankering.
我真的很想吃嘛。
I got a real hankering.我真的很想…
7. He says if I go see his experiment tomorrow it might weird you out.
他说如果明天我去看他的实验,你会很郁闷。
weird out使人感到郁闷,不自在
7. Newton was a really smart cookie.
牛顿真是个聪明人。
8. Okay, I got a bone to pick with you.
我对你有意见。
a bone to pick争执的原因(或事情),问题,争端,有待克服的困难