Part I Listening Comprehension
1. [A] It was dangerous to live in.
2. [B] A storm
3. [B] They were trapped in an underground elevator.
4. [C] They sent supplies to keep the miners warm.
5. [D] Close some of its post office.
6. [C] Stopping mail delivery on Saturdays.
7. [A] Many post office staff will lose their jobs.
8. [D] He will lose part of his pay.
9. [B] He is a trustworthy guy.
10.[D] She is better at handling such matters.
11.[C] He is always trying to stir up trouble.
12. [D] Reserved
13. [A] They stay quiet
14. [C] She was never invited to a colleague’s home.
15. [B] Houses provide more privacy
16. [D] They will automatically be given hiring priority.
17. [C] Visit the school careers service.
18. [B] Supervising study spaces to ensure a quiet atmosphere.
19. [C] It may be sold at a higher price.
20. [A] It is healthier than green tee.
21. [D] It does not have a stable market.
22. [B] They prefer unique objects of high quality.
23. [B] They could only try to create at night.
24. [A] Make wise choices.
25. [A] To boost the local economy.