否定或近似否定副词(往往是时间或频度副词,如never, rarely, seldom),或是具有否定作用的副词,如 little, on no account 等。如:

  Never / Seldom has there been so much protest against the Bomb.

  这么强烈的反对原子弹的抗议活动从未 / 很少 / 有过。

  Little does he realize how important this meeting is.

  他对这个会议的重要性不甚了了。

  On no account must you accept any money if he offers it.

  他如要给你钱,你可绝不能接受。

  当这种副词不在句首时,当然应该用正常词序:

  There has never / seldom been so much protest against the Bomb.

  从未 / 很少发生过这么强烈的反对原子弹的抗议活动。

  He little realizes how important this meeting is.

  他不甚明白这个会议的重要性。

  另外,有些含有否定意义的介词短语置于句首时,其后也要用倒装。如:

  In no case should you give up. 你绝不能放弃。

  On no condition should we tell her about it. 我们绝不能把此事告诉她。

  On no accounts must this switch be touched.这个开关是绝 不能触摸的。

  In [Under] no circumstances will I lend money to him.无论如何我也不会再借钱给他了。

  Under no circumstances should you lend him any money. 你无论如何都不该把钱借给他。

  No way will I go on working for that man. 我不再给那个人工作了。