1. The new washing machines are __ at the rate of fifty a day.
A turned up B turned down C turned out D turned in
2. The newly-built Science Building seems__ enough to last a hundred years.
A spacious B sophisticated C substantial D steady
3. The newly-elected president is determined to__ the established policy of developing agriculture.
A go after B go by C go for D go on
4. The newly-published book has added__ his reputation.
A in B to C on D up
5. The news item about the fire is followed by a detailed report made__.
A on the spot B on the site C on the location D on the ground
①turn out 生产，培养出This factory can turn out 100 cars a day.
②turn up发现The police have turned up a lot of new information about the wanted man.
③turn down拒绝The boy wanted to join the army but was turned down because he was under age.
④turn in上交These papers must be turned in before Friday.
2. 选C 译文：那栋新科学建筑物看起来很牢固，好象可以屹立一百年不倒。
① substantial牢固的，坚实的It is a substantial desk.
② spacious广阔的，宽敞的The guests are all seated in the spacious dining room.
③ steady稳定的，可靠的Hold the candle steady.
④ sophisticated 复杂的
① go by 遵照，依照That’s a good rule to go by.
② go for去找，去请Shall I go for a doctor?
③ Go after追求
④ Go on 继续
① add to增加，加到……上The gorgeous costume added to the brilliance of the dance.
② Add in包括，加进去Don’t forget to add me in.
③ Add on包括，附加 Here’s your bill, sit. I’ve have added on the ten percent service charge.
④ Add up把……加起来 Add up these figures and see if the sum is correct.
①on the spot在场，在现场的②on location在拍摄外景Don’t interrupt the director. He is on location.