从出生到成人:有那么多感谢的话想对妈妈说
作者:GEICO
来源:Buzzfeed
2016-05-05 15:10
1
1. From when you were an infant…
1. 当我们还是个婴儿的时候...
Thanks for staying up at all hours when I was a tiny human who could't use words.
感谢您,当我还是个不会讲话的小小人儿,您几个小时熬夜不睡....
声明:本双语文章的中文翻译系沪江英语原创内容,转载请注明出处。中文翻译仅代表译者个人观点,仅供参考。如有不妥之处,欢迎指正。
2
2. From your curious exploratory days…
2. 从你开始好奇地探索一切的时候....
Thanks for taking the time to actually babyproof the house! I tried to get into everything!
感谢您花那么多时间,在我无孔不入的时候,确保房子对我而言绝对安全,而且不会被我搞破坏:)
3
3. From your terrible toddler years…
3. 在你开始糟糕地蹒跚学步的时候....
Thank you for continuing to love me even when I made the most horrible of messes.
感谢您依然爱我,即使当我把东西搞得一团糟的时候。
4
4. From those middle school days…
4. 上中学的时候...
Thanks for driving a bunch of dirty, sweaty, hyperactive middle schoolers to soccer practice. I know we smelled.
感谢您载着一群又脏又热还极度活跃的学生去参加足球训练。我知道我们臭死了。
5
5. From your “high school phases…”
5. 在你读高中的那个阶段....
Thanks for letting me use your makeup remover during my emo phase in high school. I used a lot of eyeliner.
感谢您允许我在高中摇滚节目上使用您的卸妆油。我当时抹了太浓的眼线...
6
6. And your teenage angst days…
6. 在你烦恼的青少年时期...
Thank you for not totally disowning me when I went through my rebellious phase.
感谢您在叛逆期没有让我放纵。
7
7. From back when you needed to learn some adult responsibilities…
7. 当你需要学习一些成人责任的时候...
Thank you for walking me through how to wash my clothes on my phone over the phone. I know I should have learned earlier.
感谢您在电话里指导我怎么洗衣服。我知道我应该早点学的。
8
8. From when you got to live alone for the first time…
8. 当你第一次独自生活的时候...
Thank you for not crying too much when I left for college.
在我离开家去上大学的时候,感谢您没有哭的很厉害。
9
9. …and when you had to move back in.
9. ...以及当你不得不搬回来的时候...
Thank you for letting me live with you after I graduated college. Yes, it was weird for everyone.
感谢您在我大学毕业之后允许我和您住在一起。我知道这对大家来说都比较怪异。
10
10. From when you finally became a parent yourself!
10. 当你最终为人父母的时候!
Thank you for being the de facto person to look after your grandkids. Sorry I don't pay you like a babysitter.
感谢您成为了真正照顾您孙子的人。也很抱歉我没有按照保姆的待遇来付给您报酬。
Basically, thanks, Mom. You were right!
11. 总而言之,谢谢,妈妈,你那时候(为我所做的)都是对的!