with a low voice and humble attitude
to present a humble attitude when speaking
He presented a humble attitude when speaking to the general manager.
to eat humble pie
- a humble apology.
- A grovelling apology
- to make an abject apology
- He had to humble himself in the presence of the prince.
- You will just have to grovel to the bank manager for a loan.
- They were comparing notes of admiration at the workhouse-master’s humility
- The voice of the submissive man who had spoken, was flat and tame in its extreme submission.
- `May it please your Majesty,' said Two, in a very humble tone, going down on one knee as he spoke, `we were trying--'
- Gudrun is rather self-opinionated. She won't go cheap anywhere. Or if she does, she'll pretty soon take herself back