1

Job interviews are nerve-racking. In fact, they are downright terrifying. Sitting behind a desk while an authority figure pores over every detail of your work experience is enough to put anybody into a state of panic. But you know what's even worse? Waiting to see if you got the job after the interview. Nail biting, constant pacing, and heavy drinking may ensue. Not to worry, we are right there with you. Check out the 13 stages of waiting to see if you snagged that job below. And take a deep breath while you're at it.
面试总是令人紧张的。事实上,它们特别恐怖。坐在一张桌子后面,有个权威人士在凝视你工作经历中的每一个细节,这足以让任何人陷入恐慌。但是你知道更糟的是什么吗?那就是面试坐等是否被录取的消息。可能产生咬手指甲,经常踱步,酗酒这些行为。不用担心,我们在这陪着你。看看如果你得到了工作会有这13个阶段。深呼吸。

2

1. You go into your interview feeling confident.
1. 你自信地去面试了。

After preparing for this moment all week, what do you have to be nervous for?
为这一刻准备了一个星期,有什么好紧张的?

3

2. You keep your cool until the very end.
2. 一直到结束你都表现得很好。

And strut out of the office like you already have the job.
然后昂首阔步地走出办公室,好像工作胜券在握。

4

3. But when you get home you immediately stare at your phone.
3. 你一回家就开始盯着电话。

They will call any second . . . right?
他们随时都会来电话……不是吗?

5

4. Then you kind of start to freak out.
你开始有点抓狂了。

Why. Aren't. They. Calling? Or emailing? Or something?
为什么?他们不打电话来吗?不发个邮件吗?不发点什么吗?

6

5. So you look over your résumé again in search of glaring errors.
你开始检查简历中明显的错误。

Oh my god, did you spell "experience" wrong?
天哪,你把“experience”拼错了?

7

6. People start to ask about how the interview went.
人们问你面试如何。

But you just can't even discuss it. Go away, caring friends and family.
但是你不想谈这个。让关心的朋友和家人走开。

8

7. You no longer know what to do with your life.
7. 你不知道该怎么做了。

Constantly waiting for a job has put functioning like a normal human at a standstill.
经常等待工作让正常的人类变得停滞不前。

9

8. It's time to give up on any hope for this job.
8. 是时候放弃对这份工作的希望了。

Allow yourself a period of mourning.
给自己一点哀悼的时间。

10

9. And it's time to start the Internet search for other job listings.
9. 可以开始在网上找其他职位了。

Dive into that black hole of cover letter and résumé building all over again.
再次跳入撰写求职信和简历的黑洞中。

11

10. Then suddenly, the phone rings . . .
10. 突然,电话响了……

Who could it possibly be?
谁打来的?

12

11. You get the news that you are hired.
你被录用了。

All of a sudden you miraculously emerge from your bout of unemployed depression.
你突然从没被录用的失望中恢复过来了。

13

12. It's time to celebrate your triumph!
12. 是时候庆祝胜利了!

Pop those bottles.
干杯!

14

13. Enjoy your victory now, because it's time to get to work.
享受现在的胜利,因为该去工作了。

And building a career for yourself is no walk in the park.
发展职业可不是在公园里散步。