(十一)
  1.He is in a jam.
   他可糟了。
  2.I will make it up to you.
   我一定会补偿你的。
  3.To me it is just peaputs.
   对我来讲,这太不值得了。
  4.You don‘t have a care in the world.
   你不知人间烦恼为何物。
  5.I smelled a smell of cooking.
   我闻到了烧菜做饭的味道。
  6.He ran his horse up the hill.
   他策马跑上小山。
  7.Can‘t you do anything right?
   成事不足,败事有余。
  8.Don‘t nag me!
   别在我面前唠叨!
  9.I don‘t know what has set my nerves on edge these days.
   这几天不知是什么把我搞的心烦意乱的。
  10.With things as such ,we‘ll have to let things slide.
   事到如今,我们也只好顺其自然了。
(十二)
  1.Let bygones be bygones.We are still friends.
   让过去的过去吧,我们还是好朋友。
  2.No big talk with me.I have your number.
   别跟我瞎吹了,我又不是不了解你底细。
  3.I am the apple of my grandma‘s eye.
   我是姥姥的掌上明珠。
  4.I wouldn‘t freeload.
   我可不愿意白吃白喝别人。
  5.I didn‘t know.I was only a shot in the dark.
   我不知道。那只是我瞎猜的。
  6.Why should you always like to rib others?
   你为什么总拿别人开心?
  7.They drove the car and went out for a spin.
   他们开车到外面兜风去了。
  8.There must be someone who had put him up to that.
   肯定有人怂恿他去干那件事。
  9.Give me a break。
   饶了我吧。
  10.Take a hike!
   哪儿凉快哪儿歇着去吧。
(十三)
  1.Get over yourself.
   别自以为是。
  2.Get the hell out of here.
   滚开。
  3.I detest you.
   我恨你。
  4.You‘re away too far.
   你太过分了。
  5.You‘ve ruined everything.
   全都让你搞砸了。
  6.You‘re a pain in the ass.
   你这讨厌鬼。
  7.You‘re a joke.
   你真是一个小丑。
  8.You‘re impossible.
   你真不可救药。
  9.You‘re an asshole.
   你这缺德鬼。
  10.You‘re a jerk.
   你是个废物/混球。
(十四)
  1.Really?You‘re so bad!
   真的吗?你真棒!
  2.Someday,when your ship comes in ,you‘ll build your dream house.
   总有一天,当你有钱时,你会建造你梦想的家。
  3.Someday you‘re going to have to face the music for your actions.
   总有一天,你将不得不承担自己的行为所带来的后果。
  4.We could make beautiful music together.
   我们也许会是和谐幸福的一对儿。
  5.I‘ll speak aganist anything I know to be wrong.
   我会对所有我认为不对的事情直言不讳。
  6.It‘s supposed to start 6:30 sharp,but I doubt it will.
   应该是六点半整的,但是我觉得够呛。
  7.The brothers differ from each other in their interests.
   这几个兄弟各有所好。
  8.Stone has always had a crush on baby.
   石头一直在爱着宝贝。
  9.I am sick of always waiting for you!
   你老让我等你,真是烦透了。
  10.I‘d like to repair our differences.
   我愿意消除一下我们之间的分歧。
(十五)
  1.This experience will make me show my true color.
   这种经历将使我暴露我的本性。
  2.As far as policy is concerned ,I have to say something.
   谈到政策,我得说几句。
  3.They are only too delighted to accept the invitation.
   他们非常乐意接受邀请。
  4.He has a nice sum of money put away.
   他存了一大笔钱。
  5.He dare not tell us his evil conduct.
   他不敢告诉我们他的罪行。
  6.This joke has gone a little too far.
   这个玩笑开得有点过火了。
  7.You should have a mind of your own.
   你必须有自己的主见。
  8.He is heavily insured against death.
   他给自己投了巨额的人身保险。
  9.Close the door after you ,please.
   请随手关门。
  10.Don‘t pull the chairs about,boys!
   不要把椅子拖来拖去,孩子们!
(十六)
  1.He is capable of any crime.
   他什么样的坏事都能干得出来。
  2.I have no direction ,I just go wherever the winds blows.
   我没有方向,只是随风到处飘。
  3.He struck his attacker on the ear.
   他打了那个攻击者一耳光。
  4.I have a bottomed-down mind.
   我是个没什么独到见解的人。
  5.Mind your own business!
   管好你自己的事!
  6.I‘m a man of my word.
   我是个讲信用的人。
  7.Look at this mess!
   看看这烂摊子!
  8.Every time I see you ,you leave me out in the cold.
   每次我见到你,你都不理睬我。
  9.I hope your idea takes wings.
   我希望你的想法成真。
  10.If the shoe fits ,wear it.
   如果是真的就承认吧。
(十七)
  1.I‘d do anything to see you crack a smile.
   为了博得你的一笑,我情愿做任何事。
  2.If you don‘t want to lose me,you‘d better lay it on the line.
   如果你不想失去我,就最好一五一十地告诉我。
  3.I‘ve had enough of your garbage.
   我听腻了你的废话。
  4.I‘m not going to put up with this!
   我再也受不了啦!
  5.He is about to explode.
   他的肺都快要气炸了。
  6.I only have eyes for you.
   我只在乎你。
  7.I haven‘t got a good house,but I‘ll keep a good house.
   我没有好的房子,但是我会招待周到的。
  8.He won a monkey at the horse races.
   他在跑马中赢了500美元。
  9.I wish that you would put your cards on the table.
   我希望你干脆把话挑明。
  10.Love is photogenic.It needs darkness to develop.
   爱情就象照片,需要大量的暗房时间来培养。
  (十八)
  1.You are a dreamboat.
   你是位(异性所追求的)理想人选。
  2.Tell me your story,I‘m all ears.
   告诉我你的故事,我洗耳恭听。
  3.Have you ever seen your old fame?
   你还见过你的旧情人吗?
  4.I can‘t burn the candle at both ends forever.
   我不能永远这么消耗精力。
  5.You are always trying to get my goat.
   你总是想惹我发火。
  6.You swept me off my feet.
   你使我神魂颠倒。
  7.I‘ve been dying to meet you.
   我非常非常想见到你。
  8.We will take a chance on the weather and have the party outdoors.
   我们将冒天气的险在室外聚会。
  9.Never say die.Try again and you‘ll probably succeed.
   别灰心,再试一次,你会成功的。
  10.Just cool your heels!
   好了,安静会儿吧!
 (十九)
  1.She seems like a cold fish.
   她看上去冷冰冰的。
  2.I‘m so surprised that you have the face to do so!
   你怎么有脸做出这样的事!
  3.I‘m only waiting for the green light from you.
   我在等您的允许.
  4.Mary wanted to buy that painting by Picasso,but another millionaire beat her to the draw.
   玛丽想买毕加索的那幅画,不过另一个百万富翁捷足先登了。
  5.Work on the construction site was at full blast.
   建筑工地的工作已经全面展开。
  6.The judge will put him behind bars for at least two years.
   法官最少也会判他坐两年牢。
  7.He suddenly realized that he had been made a monkey of by his opponents.
   他突然发现自己被对手给耍了。
  8.The fighter planes saved our necks.
   空军的战斗机保全了我们的生命。
  9.Mind you eye!
   当心!
  10.He sat there without turning an eyelash.
   他泰然自若地坐在那边。
(二十)
  1.Drop me a line!
   写封信给我。
  2.You‘d better look before you leap.
   你最好三思而后行。
  3.Draw your chair up to the table.
   把你的椅子拉到桌子旁边来。
  4.I lost the door key about here.
   我在这附近掉了门钥匙。
  5.I‘m fed up.
   我厌倦了。
  6.He has a remarkable memory.
   他有惊人的记忆力。
  7.He walks with a quick pace.
   他快步走路。
  8.She used to learn everything by rote.
   她过去总是死记硬背。
  9.I can‘t help it.
   我没办法。
  10.Pull over!
   把车子开到旁边。
(二十一)
  1.At heart,he‘s very nice.
   实际上,他是个善良的人。
  2.Once or twice a month we live it up.
   我们一个月有一两次过享乐的生活。
  3.We‘d better hit the road or we‘ll be late.
   我们最好早点上路吧,不然要迟到了。
  4.I can‘t go out.I have to hit the book.
   我不能出去,我还要预习功课。
  5.I hear this book sells like hot cakes.
   我听说现在这书很畅销。
  6.It was touch and go for a while.
   有段时间形势相当危急。
  7.I‘m not a spring chicken any more.
   我不再是没经验的人。
  8.Don‘t take it to heart.
   别往心里去。
  9.He who seizes the right moment is the right man.
   谁把握机遇就能心想事成。
  10.So that explains it.
   原来如此。
(二十二)
  1.I‘m all fingers and thumbs this mornings.
   今天早上我的手怎么这么笨呢?
  2.He gave me a black look.
   他恶狠狠地看了我一眼。
  3.They treated us white.
   他们公平地对待我们。
  4.I‘m a chair zucchini.
   我是个电脑迷。
  5.John took out a loan to pay his tuition.
   约翰贷款交付学费。
  6.All set?
   一切妥当?
  7.Fresh!
   好有型.
  8.Encore!
   再来一次。
  9.Gorgeous!
   美极了。
  10.Farewell!
   再见啦。
(二十三)
  1.Never cackle till your egg is laid.
   事未完成莫夸耀。
  2.The good seaman is known in bad weather.
   惊涛骇浪,方显英雄本色。
  3.She is coming on to you.
   她对你有意思。
  4.He will give me cradle-to-grave protection.
   他将保护我一生一世。
  5.She is as mild as a dove.
   她很温和。
  6.Some things rub them the wrong way.
   他们被惹怒了。
  7.He has never rested on his laurels.
   他从不满足目前的成就。
  8.The news came as a bombshell.
   这个消息犹如晴天霹雳。
  9.These are more than old wives´ tales.
   这些可不是无稽之谈。
  10.That’ll save your skin.
   那可帮你度过难关。

点击此处进入论坛相关帖子参与讨论!