1. (A) Librarian and student. (C) Boss and secretary.
(B) Operator and caller. (D) Customer and repairman.
2. (A) Look for the key. (C) Fix a shelf.
(B) Repair the car. (D) Paint a shelf.
3. (A) To make the woman angry. (C) David is the man's good friend
(B) To please the man's mother. (D) David is good at carrying on conversations.
4. (A) He must meet his teacher. (C) He must go out with his girlfriend.
(B) He must attend a class. (D) He must stay at school to finish his homework.
5. (A) he wants to pay. (C) He wants to eat somewhere else.
(B) he doesn't want to eat out. (D) He doesn't like Japanese food.
6. (A) he didn't work as hard as he was supposed to. (C) He did better in an earlier exam.
(B) He didn't pass the physics exam. (D) he found something wrong with the exam.
7. (A) He is attending his sick mother at home. (C) He is at home on sick leave.
(B) He is on a European tour with his mother. (D) He is in Europe to see his mother.
1. (A) They don't know how to get to Mike's home. (C) They went to the same party some time ago.
(B) They are discussing when to meet again. (D) They will go to Mike's birthday party.
9. (A) Five lessons. (C) Twelve lessons.
(B) Three lessons. (D) Fifteen lessons.
10. (A) Find a larger room. (C) Buy two bookshelves.
(B) Sell the old table. (D) Rearrange some furniture.
Questions 11 to 13 are based on the passage you have just heard.
11. (A) Courses in British history. (C) Courses in sports.
(B) Language courses. (D) Teacher training courses.
9. (A) To attract more students.
(B) To make the courses suitable for students of all levels.
(C) To let the students have a good rest.
(D) To make the summer school more like a holiday.
10. (A) Because they all work very hard.
(B) Because their teachers are all native speakers of English.
(C) Because they learn not only in but also out of class.
(D) Because they are all advanced students.
Questions 14 to 16 are based on the passage you have just heard.
17. (A) Chemicals. (C) Water.
(B) Vapor. (D) Gas.
18. (A) By passing steam over dry ice. (C) By heating dry ice.
(B) By turning ordinary ice into steam. (D) By mixing dry ice with ordinary ice.
19. (A) It takes a longer time to melt. (C) It is cleaner to use than ordinary ice.
(B) It is lighter to carry. (D) It is not so cold as ordinary ice.
20. (A) In the 1920's. (C) In the 1940's.
(B) In the 1930's. (D) In the 1950's.