1、As a long-time member of the historical society, I am especially proud to be kicking off this day of festivities.
作为历史学会的长期会员我很荣幸在此为这一盛会揭幕。

揭幕

e.g: OK Marion, would you care to kick off?
好的马里恩,请你揭幕吧。

2、Every single time that he's gone off the rails in the past, his best friend Lexi's been the one to bring him back.
过去每一次他误入歧途的时候都是他的好朋友莱希把他拉回来。

误入歧途,行为古怪

e.g: At 17 he suddenly went off the rails and started stealing.
17岁时,他突然误入歧途开始偷盗。

3、She took advantage of you, honey.
她利用了你,宝贝。

利用

e.g: Don't lend them the car — they're taking advantage of you!
别借给他们车——他们在利用你!

4、Strip away the temptation.
清除血对他的诱惑。

去除(某隐藏的东西或保护着某人的东西)

e.g: His book aims to strip away the lies and show the world as it really is.
他的书旨在剥离谎言显示世界的真实。

5、The thought crossed my mind.
我有这么想过。

想起某事,想过某事

e.g: It didn't cross her mind that she might be doing something illegal.
她没想过她在做非法的事。

6、Listen, I need you to get Bonnie to hold off on sending the ghosts back.
听着,我需要你让邦妮把驱鬼那事缓一缓。

延期,拖延

e.g: Hold off making your decision until Monday.
到星期一你再做决定吧。