1、'Cause I'm not really set up for a...
我可没准备好...

准备;安排

e.g: Can someone set the overhead projector up?
谁能准备下投影仪?

2、We should get somebody to swing by your apartment, pick up some new clothes.
我们该派人去趟你的公寓拿一些新衣服过来。

短暂拜访;路经

e.g: I'll swing by the grocery store on my way.
我会路过去趟杂货店。

3、We need to profile one of her staff, preferably someone low on the totem pole.
我们得收集她员工的资料,最好是一名低级员工。

low on the totem pole
地位等级低

4、Does put you in a bit of a pickle, doesn't it?
你有些不知所措了吧?

为难;不知所措

e.g: Don't be that person who wakes up one day wondering where life went and finds their self in a pickle, or worse – with regrets.
不要等哪一天醒来却不知道生活走到了哪里,而自己身陷困境甚至悔恨万千。

5、That should be enough to get your mission off the ground, don't you think?
这笔钱应该足够让你开始这项任务了,你觉得呢?

(使)成功开始

e.g: Her show never really got off the ground in the UK.
她的表演在英国就没成功开始过。

6、You'd be closing the door on any further opportunity, and you'd be pissing me off.
你却会为此坏了长远大计,而且还会惹怒我。

惹怒

e.g: The way she treats me really pisses me off.
她那样骗我的确惹怒了我。

7、Unless she's already taken a liking to you.
除非她已经有点看上你了。

开始喜欢;看上

e.g: He immediately took a liking to Steve.
他很快就喜欢上史蒂夫了。

8、I disobey direct orders, and six will string me up.
不听上司指挥,军情六处不会放过我。

吊死,绞死。在这里并不一定就是吊死,意思是杀了我,不会放过我。

9、I'll hold 'em off. Get inside.
我拖住他们,你先进去。

(使)不接近

e.g: There's already a crowd of reporters outside - I'll try to hold them off for a while.
外面早已经挤满了记者——我去尽量拖住他们一会。