【情景对话】

A: Hello, thank you for calling Bradford and Sons. This is Tracy speaking, how may I help you?
A:您好,感谢您致电布拉德福家庭公司。我是特蕾西,有什么需要我帮忙的吗?

B: Hello. I would like to speak to your director of human resources, Ms.Jenkins, Please.
B:你好,我想找你们的人力资源部主任詹金思小姐通话。

A: Just a moment. I'll check to see if she is at her desk. May I tell her who is calling?
A:稍等,我去看看她是否在办公室。请问您是哪位?

B: This is Bill Burton from Milford Insurance, I'm calling ___①___our meeting next Tuesday.
B:我是米尔福德保险公司的比尔伯顿,我想问一下有关下周二我们见面的事。

A: Thank you, Mr.Burton. Can you pleaseholdfor a moment? I'll check to see if she is available.
A:谢谢你,伯顿先生。请您先等一会儿好吗?我去看看她是否在办公室。

B: No problem.
B:没问题。

A: I'm sorry, Ms.Jenkins is away from her desk. She has already left for lunch. Would you like to____②____for her?
A:非常抱歉,詹金思小姐现在不在办公室。她去吃午饭了。您愿意给她留个口信吗?

B: Yes, please have her ____③____when she returns to the office. It's best if she can get in touch with me before 3 pm today, she can reach me at my office number, 635-8799.
B:好的,请她回办公室后给我来电话。如果今天下午3点以前能与我联系的话就再好不过了,打办公室电话635-8799就可找到我。

A: I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that, could you please repeat the number?
A:对不起,我没跟上,您能再重复一下电话号码吗?

B: ____④____, my office number is 635-8799,Tell her to ask for extension 31.
B:没问题。我办公室的电话是635-8799,然后再接31分机。

A: I'm sorry, Mr.Burton, just to confirm, your name is spelled B-U-R-T-O-N, is that correct?
A:伯顿先生,不好意思。我想确认一下您的名字是B-U-R-T-O-N吗?

B: Yes, and I represent Milford Insurance.
B:是的,我是米尔福德保险公司的。

A: I will make sure Ms.Jenkins receives your message and returns your call before 3pm this afternoon.
A:我会把您的口信告诉詹金思小姐,让她在今天下午3点以前给您回电话。

B: Thank you very much.
B:非常感谢。

【单词】

or:主任
:不挂断电话,不走开
ble:可取得联系的,有暇的
ion:(电话)分机
5.confirm:确认
ent:代表

【短语/词组】

one’s desk 在办公室
from one’s desk:没在办公室
in touch with sb.:联系
sb.:找到某人

【填空】(答案ctrl+A反白可见)

regards to:
a message:留口信
my call:回电话
4. No problem