It takes a lot of patience to answer “how are you” when you feel like crap. That’s why we’ve included some responses that turn the question around to the asker, which keeps the conversation light and positive—and takes pressure off of you.
当你感觉活得很不好的时候,回答“你好吗”需要很大的耐心。这就是我们为什么包含了一些把问题转给提问者的回答,这让谈话保持轻松和积极,并且消除了你的压力。

1. I’m fine. How are you? (Sometimes you need to say this even when you don’t feel fine)
我很好,你呢?(有时你需要这么说即使你并不觉得很好)

2.I’m AWAP. (As Well As Possible).
我感觉已经不错了。(尽可能地)

3.I’m trying really hard to avoid ambiguous questions at the moment.
我现在正努力避免回答这样模棱两可的问题。

4.(Just answer with the same question:) How are you?
(就用同样的问题回答):你好吗?

5.I could complain, but I’m not going to.
我想抱怨,但我不会。

6.Upright and still breathing.
还站在这儿,还活着呢。

7.Thanks for caring babe! Glad to be here with you.
谢谢关心,宝贝!很高兴能和你在一起。

8.Better than yesterday, but not as good as I will be tomorrow!
比昨天强,但没明天好。

9.I am.
还好。

10.  Wondering how you are.
我想知道你过得好不好。

11.  Strange, and getting stranger.
过得很糊涂,越来越偏离轨道。

12.  My usual Devil-­‐may-­‐care self.
我日常的事情—就是—照顾自己。

13.  I’m endeavoring to persevere.
我在努力坚持下去。

14.  How am I what?
我怎么了?

16.  How do you think I am?
你觉得我过得咋样?

17.  Do you want the short version or the long one?
你想听长一点还是短一点的版本?

18.  Eh, you win some you lose some.
嗯,就是收获了许多但也失去了很多。

19.  I’ll leave that up to your imagination.
你自行想象。

20.  Shhhhh. It’s a secret.
嘘。这是个秘密。

21.  I’ll let you know when I figure it out.
当我想好了我会告诉你的。

22.  Taking deep breaths.
做深呼吸。

23.  Ready for tomorrow.
已经为明天做好准备。

24.  To tell you the truth, my hurts, but my doc’s working on a solution for me so I’m hopeful.
实话告诉你,我有伤,但是我的医生正在为我解决这个问题,所以我抱有很大希望。

25.  I’ve been better.
我已经好多了。

26.  Trying to stay positive.
努力保持积极的心态。

27.  Who wants to know?
是谁想知道?

28.  Not my best day, but not my worst day, either.
不能称得上是我最好的一天,但也不是我最糟糕的一天。

29.  Let’s just say less than super.
比超级棒差了那么一点点。

30.  Wouldn’t you like to know!
你不想了解的!

31.  I’m taking it easy.
我很轻松。

32.  Staying grounded.
停滞不前。