1. Never lose heart ________ difficulty you may meet with.
A. what B. whatever C. how D. however
2. ________ we are allowed ________ , we can’t drink any beer.
A. As long as; to do B. If; to C. Unless; to D. On condition that; doing so
3. You can still find bones of the birds ________ they used to live.
A. in which B. in the place C. where D. that
4. How can they learn anything ________ they spend all their spare time watching TV?
A. where B. when C. while D. but
5. ________ I admit that there are problems, I don’t agree that they cannot be solved.
A. While B. If C. As D. Unless
6. “________ my feet remain standing above the water level, there is hope...” said the captain.
A. Where B. Even if C. While D. Although
7. I used to love that film ______ I was a child, but I don’t feel it that way any more.
A. once B. when C. since D. although
8. A small car is big enough for a family of three _____ you need more space for baggage.
A. once B. because C. if D. unless
9. There were some chairs left over _____ everyone had sat down.
A. when B. until C. that D. where
10. Don’t promise anything ______ you are one hundred percent sure.
A. whether B. after C. how D. unless
11. — Did you return Fred’s call? — I didn’t need to ____ I’ll see him tomorrow.
A. though B. unless C. when D. because
12. I’m sorry you’ve been waiting so long, but it’ll still be some time ____ Brian get back.
A. before B. since C. till D. after
13. We’ll have a picnic in the park this Sunday _____ it rains or it’s very cold.
A. since B. if C. unless D. until
14. --- Are you ready for Spain？ --- Yes, I want the girls to experience that ______ they are young.
A. while B. until C. if D. before
15. ______ well prepared you are, you still need a lot of luck in mountain climbing.
A. However B. Whatever C. No matter D. Although
1-5 BCCBA 6-10 CBDAD 11-15 DACAA