How do you say “shut up” in a respectable way?
如何优雅地说“闭嘴”?

 

获得32.8k好评的回答@Abhishek Tr:

So you're stuck with some despicable ones and you want to break out of the moment huh ? Let me give you a hand here and bring out my list to make things easy for you. Try at your own risk.
这么说你是被某个卑劣的家伙缠住了,而且你想从聊天中解脱出来?我来帮帮你吧,下面列举的方法能帮你轻松搞定。后果自负。

 

Boss - Non stop ranting for God knows why.
老板—没完没了地咆哮,老天知道为什么。

Me - Sir ! Do you hear that ?
我—老板,你听见了吗?

Boss - Hear what ?
老板—听见什么?

Me - The silence.
我—安静。

 

Girlfriend - How can you do this to me ! How can you forget that ? How can you not tell me ? Why, how, who, what, where ?!
女朋友—你怎么能这么对我?你怎么能忘了那件事?你怎么能不告诉我?为什么?怎么回事?是谁?什么?在哪儿?

Me - A good 30 seconds kiss.
我—吻30秒。

That should do.
这招应该管用。

 

Brother - Non stop crap about all his crushes in the universe.
哥哥—说起对宇宙的迷恋就废话连篇。

Me - Fake faint.
我—假装晕倒。

 

Best friend - Talks about some ancient archeological discovery about a broken pot for 40 minutes.
最好的朋友—关于一个坏了的古代罐子的考古发现说了40分钟。

Me - Dude, please. My ears are bleeding.
我--大哥,求你了,我耳朵要磨出茧子了。

That's respect for him.
这是对他的尊重。

 

Relative - When are you getting married ? Why did you quit that job ? What's your salary ? What will you do next ?
亲戚—你什么结婚?为什么辞掉那份工作?工资多少?接下来什么打算?

Me - Oh, Sorry. Were you talking to me ?
我—哦,对不起,你是在跟我说话吗?

 

Professor - Blah blah. Bleh. Bleeheeeeh. Blah. And that's why you failed. Bluh bluuuh. You see…
教授—这个那个什么什么的,这就是你失败的原因,等等等,等等等,你看……

Me - Joins both hands. Sir, can I take a loo break ? Can't hold back anymore.
我—握住对方的双手。老师,我能去趟洗手间吗?憋不住了。

Return after two decades.
过20年再回来。

 

Neighbor - Talks about politics and gossips on his/her neighbour.
邻居—跟你聊政治和他/她邻居的八卦。

Me - I can smell something burning. Is that your kitchen ?!
我—我闻到有东西糊了,是你家厨房吗?

Vanish before he/she returns.
他/她回来之前就消失。

 

Random stranger - Shouts at you for no apparent reason.
路人甲—莫名其妙朝你喊。

Me - Act deaf and dumb. Keeps staring at his/her mouth until he/she stops.
我—装聋作哑,盯着对方的嘴看直到他/她闭嘴。

Perfect.
完美。

 

Parents - Non stop complaining about Quora, mobile phone, laptop, late night rides, long calls and what not.
父母—没完没了地抱怨Quora,手机,笔记本,晚上出去,打电话时间长等等。

Me - Kiss. I'm sorry. I'll not do that again.
我—给他们一个吻。对不起,我再也不那样了。

Who said I wouldn't ? Until next session, bubye.
谁说我再不那样了?以后再说吧,拜。

This is what respect looks like when you're pissed off, but there's nothing you can do about it.
这就是你生气时还要表达尊重的样子,但你还是什么都不能做。

 

(翻译:菲菲)