有人说,语言是思想的交流,而音乐则是灵魂的沟通。那么,音乐和语言的结合会产生什么意想不到的效果呢?

1. HIT THE RIGHT NOTE / STRIKE THE RIGHT NOTE
1.说得恰当

If you hit the right note, you speak or act in a way that has a positive effect on people.
所说之言、所做之事对他人产生了积极影响。

I don’t know how he managed to do it, but he just struck the right note and the meeting ended really positively, even the boss looked pleased!
虽然我不知道他做了什么,但他言语得当,会议十分成功,就连老板都很高兴!

2. BLOW YOUR OWN TRUMPET / BLOW YOUR OWN HORN / TOOT YOUR OWN HORN
2.自吹自擂

When someone boasts about their own talents, abilities and achievements.
自我吹嘘。

Well, you’re very good at blowing your own trumpet, you just never seem to prove it!
嗯,你总是自吹自擂,从不付诸行动!

3. IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO
3.一个巴掌拍不响

This is used to suggest that when things go wrong, both sides are involved and neither party is completely innocent.
出错时,双方都有责任,都不完全无辜。

I know you saw what he did, but it takes two to tango, they are both equally to blame.
我知道你了解他的所作所为,但是,一个巴掌拍不响,双方都有责任。

4. FIT AS A FIDDLE
4.身体健康

This is used to describe someone who is in perfect health.
描述某人身体健康。

It’s unbelievable. He must be at least 80 but he’s as fit as a fiddle!
他至少八十岁了,可依然这么健朗,真是难以置信!

5. WITH BELLS ON
5.乐意参加

This means to arrive somewhere happy and delighted to attend.
愉快地参加。

Yes, I’m going to the party too, I’ll be there with bells on!
是哒,我也打算参加聚会,乐意之至!

6. LIKE A BROKEN RECORD
6.不断重复

Used to describe someone who keeps talking about the same story over and over again.
不停重复相同说辞。

Would you please stop going on about her boyfriend, you sound like a broken record!
能不能别再谈论她男朋友了,你已经说了很多遍了!

7. AND ALL THAT JAZZ
7.诸如此类的东西

This means that everything related to or similar is included.
包含相关或相似事物。

Celebrities definitely seem to be starting all the latest trends with fashion, hair and all that jazz.
似乎名人必然能够引领时装、发型之类的时尚潮流。

8. MUSIC TO MY EARS
8.爱听的话

When you hear exactly what you wanted to hear.
听到了自己想听的话。

When they read out the results and everyone heard that I got top marks, it was like music to my ears!
他们宣布了结果,大家都知道我得了高分,我真是太开心了!

9. YOU CAN’T UNRING A BELL
9.木已成舟

This means that once something has been done, it cannot be changed and you have to live with the consequences.
某事一旦做了,就再难回头。必须接受后果。

I’m afraid you can’t unring the bell now, everyone heard what you said.
恐怕木已成舟,毕竟人人都听到你说的话了。

10. MARCH TO THE BEAT OF YOUR OWN DRUM
10.一意孤行

When someone does things the way they want to, without taking anybody else or anything else into consideration.
按照自己的计划行事,不管他人怎么想。

I’ve tried talking to him but he won’t listen. All he knows is how to march to the beat of his own drum! Why don’t you try?
我试过和他谈话,但他不听。他只知道一意孤行!你怎么不去不试试?

11. SWAN SONG
11.天鹅之歌

This expression is used to describe a final act before dying or ending something
临死或结束之前的最后动作。

I am going to resign tomorrow. This project was my swan song and now that it has been completed, I will leave.
我打算明天辞职。这个项目是我最后的作品,既然完成了,我也该走了。

12. RING A BELL
12.耳熟

If something rings a bell, it sounds familiar, but you can’t remember the exact details.
听起来熟悉,但回忆不起具体细节。

Harry Bertram? That name rings a bell, but I’m not sure if it was definitely him.
哈利伯特伦?这个名字听起来耳熟,但我无法确定是不是他。

13. STRIKE A CHORD
13.引起共鸣

Used to describe something that is familiar to you, reminds you of something or is connected to you somehow.
感情上相互感染而产生的情绪。

That poem really struck a chord in me, it reminded me of my youth so much.
我对这首诗有共鸣,它令我想起了自己的青春年华。

声明:本双语文章的中文翻译系沪江英语原创内容,转载请注明出处。中文翻译仅代表译者个人观点,仅供参考。如有不妥之处,欢迎指正。