44. A LAUGH A MINUTE
44.非常滑稽

Used to describe someone who is very funny
描述某人十分有趣

I love hanging out with Jenny, she’s a laugh a minute! You never get bored of her company.
我喜欢和詹妮一起玩,她超级搞笑!跟她在一起,你永远不会感到无聊。

45. LIKE CLOCKWORK
45.有规律的

Used to describe something that happens at very regular times, at the same intervals without fail.
描述定期发生的动作或事件,分秒不差。

My cat used to wake me up every morning like clockwork, but nowadays she seems too old to care.
以前,猫咪每天早上都会把我叫醒,但是,她现在老了,好像什么都不关心。

46. LIKE THERE’S NO TOMORROW
46.就像没有明天

To do something fast or energetically as if it were your last opportunity to ever does it.
快速或精神饱满地去做某事,就好像是最后一次机会。

You have to win this race Barry, when it’s time to go – just run like there’s no tomorrow!
巴里,你必须赢得这场比赛!是时候了——奔跑吧,就像没有明天一样!

47. LONG TIME NO SEE
47.好久不见

This means the speaker has not seen the other person for a very long time.
描述好久未见。

Hello Sarah! Long time no see! How have you been?
你好萨拉!好久没见,最近怎么样?

48. MAKE MY DAY
48.令我开心

If something makes your day it makes you happy or satisfies you.
令某人感到快乐或满足。

I just heard my favorite song on the radio and it made my day!
之声播放的歌曲正是我喜欢的,我好开心!

49. A MILE A MINUTE
49.速度很快

To do something very quickly.
形容动作很快。

I couldn’t keep track of everything he was saying. He talks at a mile a minute!
我根本不知道他在讲什么。他语速太快了!

50. NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT
50.机不可失

People who say this belief that it is better to do something now than leave it for later, otherwise it might never get done.
正是做某事的好时机,机不可失。

You should go travelling now, don’t leave it for next year. There’s no time like the present!
你现在就应该出去游玩,别拖到明年。没有比现在更好的时机了!

51. NO TIME TO LOSE
51.刻不容缓

This means you have to get something started right away, otherwise it won’t be finished on time.
必须立即着手做某事,否则将无法按时完成。

We have to prepare the surprise before Jack gets home. Quickly, we’ve got no time to lose!
我们得在杰克回家前为他准备好惊喜。来吧,我们没时间能浪费了!

52. BEAT THE CLOCK
52.提前完成任务

This means to do something quickly before you run out of time.
提前完成某事。

I managed to beat the clock and complete my exam just in time!
我设法赶时间按时完成了考试!

53. A QUESTION/MATTER OF TIME
53.静待时机

This is said before saying what you think will happen in the future.
只是时间问题,迟早的事。

He is so ignorant, it’s only a question of time before she gives up and leaves him!
他太无理了,她迟早会心灰意冷离开他!

54. A WHALE OF A TIME
54.玩得愉快

You say this when you have a great time and thoroughly enjoy yourself.
享受一段愉快的时光。

The theme park was so much fun. I had a whale of a time!
主题公园真有趣。我玩的很开心!

55. DAY TO DAY
55.日复一日

Something that happens as part of a usual routine.
一天又一天,不断重复。

The day to day running of this office needs to be more efficient, nothing seems to get done on time!
这间办公室的职员需要提升工作效率,他们似乎无法按时完成每项任务!

56. FROM NOW ON
56.从现在起

To begin doing something from now until some unknown time in the future.
从现在开始做某事,直到将来。

From now on, I will be much more careful when I decide to trust someone.
从现在开始,我一定会更加谨慎地将信任交于他人。

57. FROM TIME TO TIME
57.不时

To do something occasionally, not very often.
偶尔做某事。

I do think about joining a gym, or going for a run from time to time, but I’m always too busy.
我确实想过去健身房,或者偶尔跑跑步,但我总是很忙。

声明:本双语文章的中文翻译系沪江英语原创内容,转载请注明出处。中文翻译仅代表译者个人观点,仅供参考。如有不妥之处,欢迎指正。