小编导读:身边的朋友都出国读书了,还在犹豫的你是不是也有必要开拓一下视野呢?以下是精挑细选的25个理由,看看哪条戳中了你。

1. It’ll look good on your CV
1.给简历添彩

If you can explore a new country at the same time as picking up the international skills to gain a decent graduate job, then that’s pretty good going.
你可以一边探索新国家,一边学习新的全球通用的技能,从而获得一份体面的工作。

2. Brush up on your language skills
2.提升语言技能

Remember the foreign language skills you picked up in school? Refresh them by studying abroad.
还记得你学校里学的外语吗?在国外求学的时候温故一下。

3. Living in a foreign country is completely different to a holiday
3.住在外国完全有别于度假

You’ll pick up local knowledge such as where sells the best coffee, what tourist traps to avoid and how to get the most out of your new city.
你会了解当地的讯息,诸如哪里的咖啡最好,要避免哪些旅游陷阱,还有如何最大化从你所在的城市获益。

4. Meet a diverse range of people
4.遇见形形色色的人

Your exposure to many different types of people will not only help you to develop your people skills, but it will also give you a firmer knowledge of others, both friend and foe.
你碰到各种人,不但有助你培养人际交往技能,也让你更了解他人,无论是敌是友。

5. Make lifelong friends
5.交到一生的朋友

Chances are that you’ll meet at least one lifelong friend.
很有可能,你至少会遇到一个终生的朋友。

6. Discover new and exciting foods
6.发现新奇的食物

Get more paella /poutine /pierogi in your life.
你可以尝到更多西班牙杂烩菜饭、魁北克人发明的肉汁奶酪薯条和饺子形馅饼。

7. Study and learn differently
7.不同的学习研究体验

Often those studying abroad will experience a completely new way of teaching. This can be daunting, but it will also open your mind to new ways of learning.
通常在国外学习会体验到全新的教学,或许有些吓人,但也会打开你的思路,接受新的学习方法。

8. Gain independence
8.学会独立

It’s not easy being independent, but it’s also a heck of a lot better than living with your parents as a 20-something.
独立不易,但也比二十多了还和父母住一起强多了。

9. Learn self-reliance
9.学会自给自足

When you move back, you’ll likely rely on others less and you’ll take more responsibility for yourself.
你归国时,你很有可能不太依靠他人,而更会为自己负责。

10. You’ll gain a greater knowledge of different cultures
10.你会了解不同文化

Cultural sensitivity is also something you can develop while studying abroad!
文化敏感度是你在国外求学时可以培养的。

11. See your own culture through a new lens
11.以新视角审视自己的文化

Living in another country can help inform your point of view on your home culture, allowing you to develop your own views.
居住在国外有助于你了解自己家乡文化的视点,让你可以形成自己的观点。

12. Learn more about yourself
12.更了解自己

Throwing yourself into a completely new environment will help you to figure out what you’re good at, as well as what you’re not so good at.
置身全新的环境有助你了解自己的长处和自己的短处。

13. Become an adult
13.成人

You’ll have to fend for yourself, buy your own meals and wash your own clothes, but it’ll all be worth it.
你得为自己防护,给自己买饭、给自己洗衣服,但这一切都值得。

14. Gain life experience
14.获取生活经验

You’ll learn how to organize your life, handle unforeseen situations, be independent and self-sufficient.
你会学会组织管理你的生活、处理始料未及的情况、独立自主、自给自足。

15. Be spontaneous and adventurous
15.变主动、敢冒险

Open your mind up to new experiences and sights and the fun will come your way.
放开心怀去迎接新体验、去看新景象,欢乐会随你而来。

16. You learn to appreciate the smaller things more
16.学会因小事而心怀感恩

Welcome to a new-found appreciation of everything from your parents’ cooking to having more than two pairs of shoes to choose from.
事无巨细,无论是父母的烹饪还是要从从多双鞋子里选出一双,很高兴你可以事事都重新心怀感激。

17. Gain a global mind-set
17.获得全球思维模式

Whether it’s in work, study or play, you’ll be able to use your new global mind-set to back up arguments and steer your future.
不管是工作、学习还是玩乐,你都会用你的新全球观来支撑你的论辩、为你的未来引航。

18. Get the perks of international student discounts
18.享有额外国际生的学生折扣

Student discounts are always fun.
学生优惠折扣总是很有意思。

19. It’s an unforgettable experience
19.难以忘怀的经历

Your study abroad experience will stay with you long after it’s over.
求学归来,你国外求学的经历会伴随你很久。

20. You’ll appreciate your home and family more
20.会更加感谢对家庭与家人

Any memories of parental arguments or sibling rivalry will pale in comparison to your memories of how amazing they are.
记忆中和父母争吵、与兄弟姐妹竞争,都会淡忘,你只会记得他们有多好。

21. International student funding is becoming more common
21.资助国际生的已经越来越普遍

Studying abroad doesn’t have to leave you penniless, as more and more institutions and governmental bodies are offering dedicated scholarships for international students.
国外读书不是说非得让你一穷二白,越来越多的机构和政府部门在给国际生发放专门的奖学金。

22. Take advantage of lower tuition fees
22.利用好学费更低廉的优势

You’ll find it’s possible to study at a highly reputed university without getting into five-figured debt.
你会发觉,在名校读书而不背负上万元债不是不可能。

23. Use your spare time to explore
23.用你业余的世界去探索

In between lectures and lab sessions, studying abroad should leave you with plenty of time to explore. Try new foods or bartering at local markets.
除了听课和泡实验室,国外求学会给你不少时间去探索。尝尝新的事物,去当地集市淘淘货。

24. Increase your international job prospects
24.拓宽你的全球求职的视野

Even if you return home or decide to seek work elsewhere, the international experience provided by studying abroad is likely to be looked on favorably by employers.
即便你回国或者想去别处工作,雇主更青睐国外求学的体验。

25. Because “variety is the spice of life”
25.因为“变化是生活多姿之源”。

Change, variety and new experiences are what make life worth living. Mix it up a bit: study abroad!
变化多样与新体验,生活值得去体验。去融入,去国外求学吧。

声明:本双语文章的中文翻译系沪江英语原创内容,转载请注明出处。中文翻译仅代表译者个人观点,仅供参考。如有不妥之处,欢迎指正。

 

更多留学类咨询、海外奇闻异事,欢迎关注沪江官方微信号:hujiang4u,并根据提示,回复关键词:留学。