IELTS interview skills
雅思面试技巧

Tell the truth
实话实说


When should you tell the truth?
什么时候应该实话实说?


Examiner: What do you think makes you good at your job?
考官:在工作中,你认为你的优势有哪些?


I hate my job.
我讨厌我的工作。
Maybe I shouldn’t say that because it sounds negative. What do I do?
或许我不该这样说,因为这听起来太消极了。我该怎么办呢?

 

Option 1: Lie in order to say something positive.
选择1:说假话,说一些积极的东西。
Fine, but I can’t think of anything to say.
好吧,可我根本想不出该说什么。

Option 2: tell the truth.
选择2: 说实话
It’s going to sound negative but I have more to say.
听起来有点消极,但是我有更多的话可说。


Candidate: Nothing. I am very bad at my job.
考生:什么优势都没有。我在工作中表现得很差。
Because I hate my job. I really looking forward for a new short life.
因为我讨厌我的工作。我非常希望有一个新的开始。
I do my job because I have to, I need the money,
我之所以在做现在的工作是因为我别无选择,我需要钱。
but my dreams are completely different.
但这和我的梦想千差万别。
I am not... I am not expressing positivism, for example...
我在工作中没什么积极性,也不热情,
you know, good vibes and I think my colleagues hate me and I hate them, fine, I hate them...
我认为我的同事讨厌我,我也讨厌他们。是的,我讨厌他们……

 

It might be better to tell the truth…
实话实说可能效果会更好……
… especially if that gives you more to say.
……尤其是当说实话让你更加有话可说的时候。
You don’t always have to say something positive.
你不需要永远讲述积极的东西。

 

By Andy Lewis
安迪•路易斯