Episode 2

你获聘了2
2 weeks later
两周以后

So, how many applications did we get, Marcia?
玛西亚,我们有多少申请者了?

Well...overall we’ve got over two hundred...
好,我看看……已经有200多个人申请我们的职位了……

That many!?
那么多!?

Yes, but...most of which we can discard right away...people who don’t have the right experience, qualifications that kind of thing...
是的,但是……大多数我们都可以忽略不计……他们没有对口的经验和资历……

Of course...
那是当然……

...and then we get the people who submit ten-page-long CVs, or CVs in comic book font, or green ink,
……有些申请者交了一份10页长的报告,还有的居然用了漫画字体,或者是绿色的墨水,

or they attach a photo of themselves disco dancing...you know the kind of thing!
有些申请者在简历上附的照片竟然是在蹦迪时拍的……简直太不当回事了!

So, I whittled down the serious candidates to a shortlist of twelve people.
所以,我压缩了最终人选者人数,选出了12名态度认真的候选人。

And we’ll interview all of them?
这12个人我们都要面试吗?

I think we should – but obviously I’ll let you have a look first.
我觉得应该都面试 – 但在这之前,我会让你看一下入选名单。

Great...so, who have we got then?
很好……我们找到的人怎么样?

Well, I think we’ve got some pretty strong candidates, two in particular...
我觉得我们找到了几个实力非常强的候选人,其中有两个尤为突出……

They have the right kind of profile?
他们的简历很对口?

I’d certainly say so – a strong educational background, experience in multinational sales, language skills...
当然 – 非常好的教育背景,有跨国销售经验,语言技能也很不错……

Good, I look forward to meeting them.
很好,我很期待能见见他们。

So I’d say we do the standard interview format…
那我们就着手做标准面试表吧……

Sure…
好的……

A few general questions, then onto specifics...
先问几个一般性问题,之后再问有针对性的问题……

Yes, exactly – I want to hear specific details of when they’ve solved problems...
对,很正确 – 对于他们曾经解决过的问题,我希望能听到具体的细节信息……

Yes and then something about “vision”, as you put it...
好的,然后是一些关于“视野”的问题,因为你在这方面提出了要求……

Yes...what do you think about a brief presentation?
是的……让他们做个简短陈述,你觉得怎么样?

I think that’s a good idea – we could ask them to give a short presentation on where they see the company going – and how they see themselves taking us there.
我觉得是个好主意 – 我们可以请他们就公司的发展走向做一个简短陈述 – 并且讲一讲他们如何帮助公司实现发展目标。

Great! You know something? I’m really looking forward to this!
非常好!你知道吗?我真的非常期待见到他们!