Tell the truth
实话实说

IELTS interview skills
雅思面试技巧

When should you tell the truth?
什么时候应该实话实说?

Examiner: What do you think makes you good at your job?
考官:在工作中,你认为你的优势有哪些?

I hate my job.
我讨厌我的工作。

Maybe I shouldn’t say that because it sounds negative. What do I do?
或许我不该这样说,因为这听起来太消极了。我该怎么办呢?

Option 1: Lie in order to say something positive.
选择1:说假话,说一些积极的东西。

Fine, but I can’t think of anything to say.
好吧,可我根本想不出该说什么。

Option 2: tell the truth.
选择2: 说实话

It’s going to sound negative but I have more to say.
听起来有点消极,但是我有更多的话可说。

Candidate: Nothing. I am very bad at my job.
考生:什么优势都没有。我在工作中表现得很差。

Because I hate my job. I really looking forward for a new short life.
因为我讨厌我的工作。我非常希望有一个新的开始。

I do my job because I have to, I need the money, but my dreams are completely different.
我之所以在做现在的工作是因为我别无选择,我需钱。但这和我的梦想千差万别。

I am not... I am not expressing positivism, for example...
我在工中没什么积极性,也不热情,

you know, good vibes and I think my colleagues hate me and I hate them, fine, I hate them...
我认为我的同事讨厌我,我也讨厌他们。是的,我讨厌他们……

It might be better to tell the truth…
实话实说可能效果会更好……

…especially if that gives you more to say.
……尤其是当说实话让你更加有话可说的时候。

You don’t always have to say something positive.
你不需要永远讲述积极的东西。

By Andy Lewis
安迪•路易斯