China is putting increasingemphasis on public libraries and encouraging the public to make full use of(take full advantage of) them. The latest statistics suggest that the number ofpublic libraries is increasing annually. Many libraries can offer readers aquieter and cozier environment through renovation and expansion. Large publiclibraries not only provide a wide variety of references, but also holdactivities like lectures, exhibitions and so on. In recent years, many digitallibraries have emerged, which saves a lot of space used to store books. Somelibraries even provide self-service system to further meet readers’ demands,which enables readers to borrow and return books more easily / conveniently.
On today’s campus life, it is universally acknowledged that a host of college students find it increasingly challenging to decide whether they should focus on academic study or spend adequate time participating in extracurricular activities.
It is apparent that this question can be naturally linked to a long-discussed topic: which is more important? Academic study or extracurricular activities? I, as a college student, firmly hold the view that university students should strike a good balance between the two sides. First and foremost, they should give priority to their academic study, which is their primary task. It is academic study that renders it possible for them to cultivate their analytical,creative and innovative abilities which will lay a solid foundation for theirfuture research and work. Additionally, students should attach due importance to extracurricular activities where they can apply the knowledge and theoriesthey have acquired to test what they have learned. Taking a look around, we can see some wrong practice: some students only focus on knowledge learning while ignoring the value of extracurricular activities. From my perspective, it is inadvisable for them to do so. Without participating in these activities, it would be impossible for them to promote their practical skills and comprehensive qualities.
In a nutshell, it is high time that teachers and parents should advise college students to combine academic learning with extracurricular activities. Only when the two aspects are perfectly balanced can students fully enhance their comprehensive qualities and explore their potentials.
26 A advances
27 I otherwise
28 F devising
29 J predators
30 B boundaries
31 G elsewhere
32 K primarily
33 M spotted
34 D currently
35 E determine
36. [D] The very lack of a recovery period is dramatically holding back our collective ability to be…
37. [J] If you’re trying to build resilience at work, you need adequate internal and external recovery…
38. [L] In addition, you can take a cognitive break every 90 minutes to charge your batteries. Try to…
39. [A] As constant travelers and parents of a 2-year-old, we sometimes fantasize about how much work…
40. [E] And just because work stops, it doesn’t mean we are recovering. We “stop” work sometimes at…
41. [K] If you really want to build resilience, you can start by strategically stopping. Give yourself the…
42. [I] So how do we recover and build resilience? Most people assume that if you stop doing a task …
43. [B] Why should flying deplete us? We’re just sitting there doing nothing. Why can’t we be tougher…
44. [G] The misconception of resilience is often bred from an early age. Parents trying to teach their…
45. [C] We often take a militaristic, “tough” approach to resilience and determination like a Marine…
46. B) The predictors of children’s academic success.
47. C) By preventing them from being affected by factors not under study.
48. D) Children’s academic performance may suffer from even slight inattention.
49. A) They do better academically.
50. D) An all-round approach should be adopted in school education.
51. C) It is not so obvious but has caused some concern.
52. D) It greatly improves research on human behavior.
53. B) It relies on lab observations and participants’ reports.
54. A) By helping them pin down their unusual behaviors.
55. B) They are increasingly focused on real-life situations.
1. A）Take a picture of him.
2. B) Gaining great fame on the Internet.
3. D) Editing his pictures and posting them online.
4. C) They are far from satisfactory.
5. D) A series of interviews with outstanding physicists.
6. C) The origin of the universe.
7. B) Why there is a universe at all.
8. A) The universe formed due to a sufficient amount of matter.
9. A）She woke up speaking with a different accent.
10. C) It is usually caused by a stroke or brain injury.
11. B) Russian.
12 C) Books about swimming.
13. A) She published a guide to London’s best swimming spots.
14. A) They had a unique notion of modesty.
15. B) She was the first woman to swim across the English Channel.
16. C) Build a machine that can detect lies.
17. A) They are sceptical of its reliability.
18. D) It is not to be trusted at all.
19. B) Each village there speaks a totally different language.
20. C) More are found in tropical regions than in the mild zones.
21. A) There is no conclusive account for the cause of language diversity.
22. D) Its middle-class is disappearing.
23. C) They could realize their dreams through hard work.
24. A) Full employment.
25. B) Hire part-time employees only.