第I卷 第一部分(K) 英语知识
A. merry B. ocean
C. break D. metre
A. found B. cough
C. country D. thought
A. Pupil B. wolf
C. loose D. gold
A. filled B. recognized
C. whispered D. practised
A. mother B. though
C. clothing D. healthy
6. wild A. universe B. children
C. satellite D. technical
B) 根据下列对话的情景，找出划线句子中一般要重读的单词。 7. —Must I do it now?
—Not if you don’t want to.
A. Not, don’t, want B. Not, you, want
C. don’t, want D. you, want
8. —What’s the matter?
—Oh, I’m sure it’s nothing serious.
A. I’m, sure, nothing, serious B. sure, nothing, serious
C. sure, it’s, serious D. I’m, sure, nothing, serious
9. (1) John: What do you do on Sundays?
(2) Jane: I help mother do some housework.
(3) John: Every Sunday?
A. (1) (2) 降调 (3) 降调
B. (1) 升调 (2) 降调 (3) 降调
C. (1) 降调 (2) 升调 (3) 升调
D. (1) 降调 (2) 降调 (3) 升调
10.(1) Jack: You like singing, right?
(2) Alice: Yes, and I like dancing, too.
(3) Jack: Which do you like better, singing or dancing?
A. (1) 升调 (2) 降调 (3) 降调
B. (1) 升调 (2) 降调 (3) 升调
C. (1) 降调 (2) 降调 (3) 升调
D. (1) 降调 (2) 升调 (3) 降调
11. His camera is more expensive than _______.
A. hers B. her
C. it D. its
12. _______ your coat at once. We must hurry.
A. Wear B. Wearing
C. Put on D. Putting on
13. Does John know any other foreign language _______ French?
A. except B. but
C. besides D. beside
14. We must get up early tomorrow, _______ we’ll miss the first bus to the Great Wall.
A. so B. or
C. but D. however
15. If my lawyer _______ here last Saturday, he _______ me from going.
A. had been; would have prevented
B. had been; would prevent
C. were; would prevent
D. were; would have prevented
16. Do you know the boy _______ under the big tree?
A. lay B. lain
C. laying D. lying
17. I _______ ten minutes to decide whether I should reject the offer.
A. gave B. was given
C. was giving D. had given
18. It is well known that Thomas Edison _______ the electric lamp.
A. invented B. discovered
C. found D. developed
19. This year they have produced _______ grain _______ they did last year.
A. as less; as B. as few; as
C. less; than D. fewer; than
20.Go on _______ the other exercise after you have finished this one.
A. to do B. doing
C. with D. to be doing
21. I didn’t hear the phone. I _______ asleep.
A. must be B. must have been
C. should be D. should have been
22. Cheap coal _______ a lot of smoke.
A. gives up B. gives in
C. gives away D. gives off
23. My brother _______ while he _______ his bicycle and hurt himself.
A. fell; was riding B. fell; were riding
C. had fallen; rode D. had fallen; was riding
24. Not until the early years of the 19th century _______ what heat is.
A. man did know B. man knew
C. didn’t man know D. did man know
25. These photographs will show you _______.
A. what does our village look like
B. what our village looks like
C. how does our village look like
D. how our village looks like
26. —What do you think of the book?
—Oh, excellent. It’s worth _______ a second time.
A. to read B. to be read
C. reading D. being read
27. Not only I but also Jane and Mary _______ tired of having one examination after another.
A. is B. are
C. am D. be
28. Tom was disappointed that most of the guests _______ when he _______ at the party.
A. left; had arrived B. left; arrived
C. had left; had arrived D. had left; arrived
29. Is _______ necessary to complete the design before National Day?
A. this B. that
C. it D. he
30.I’d been expecting _______ letters the whole morning, but there weren’t _______ for me.
A. some; any B. many; a few
C. some; one D. a few; none
31.—Good morning. Can I help you?
——I’d like to have this package _______, madam.
A. be weighed B. to be weighed
C. to weigh D. weighed
32. Alice is fond of playing _______ piano while Henry is intersted in listening to _______ music.
A. (不填); the B. (不填); (不填)
C. the; (不填) D. the; the
33. There was a terrible noise _______ the sudden burst of light.
A. followed B. following
C. to be followed D. being followed
34. She pretended _______ me when I passed by.
A. not to see B. not seeing
C. to not see D. having not seen
35. Father will not _______ us to use his recorder.
A. have B. let
C. agree D. allow
36. All _______ is needed is a supply of oil.
A. the thing B. that
C. what D. which
37. They _______ friends since they met in Shanghai.
A. have made B. have become
C. have been D. have turned
38. The sports meet will be _______ till next week because of the bad weather.
A. put off B. put away
C. put up D. put down
39. The story sounds _______.
A. to be true B. as true
C. being true D. true
40.I hurried _______ I wouldn’t be late for class.
A. since B. so that
C. as if D. unless
One day a police officer managed to get some fresh mushrooms (蘑菇). He was so ___(41)___ what he had bought that he offered to ___(42)___ the mushrooms with his brother officers. When their breakfast arrived ___(43)___, each officer found some mushrooms on his plate.
“Let the dog ___(44)___ a piece first, “suggested one ___(45)___ officer who was afraid that the mushrooms ___(46)___ be poisonous.
The dog seemed to ___(47)___ his mushroom, and the officers then began to eat their meal, saying that mso-line-height-rule: exactlthe mushrooms had a very strange ___(48)___ quite pleasant taste.
An hour ___(49)___, however, they were all astonished ___(50)___ the gardener rushed in and said ___(51)___ that the dog was dead. ___(52)___, the officers jumped into their cars and rushed to the ___(53)___ hospital. Pumps (洗胃器) were used and the officers had a very ___(54)___ time getting rid of the mushrooms that ___(55)___ in their stomachs.
When they ___(56)___ to the police station, they sat down and started to ___(57)___ the mushroom poisoning. Each man explained the pains that ___(58)___ had felt and they agreed that ___(59)___ had grown worse on their ___(60)___ to the hospital. The gardener was called to tell the way ___(61)___ the poor dog had died.” Did it ___(62)___ much before death?” asked one of the officers, ___(63)___ very pleased that he had escaped (避免) a ___(64)___ death himself.” No, “the gardener looked rather ___(65)___.” It was killed the moment a car hit it.”
41. A. sure of B. careless about
C. pleased with D. disappointed at
42. A. share B. grow
C. wash D. cook
43. A. tomorrow B. the next day
C. the day after D. next day
44. A. check B. smell
C. try D. examine
45. A. frightened B. shy
C. cheerful D. careful
46. A. must B. should
C. might D. may
47. A. refuse B. hate
C. want D. enjoy
48. A. besides B. but
C. and D. or
49. A. later B. after
C. past D. over
50.A. until B. while
C. before D. when
51. A. cruelly B. curiously
C. seriously D. finally
52. A. Immediately B. Carefully
C. Suddenly D. Slowly
53. A. animal B. biggest
C. plant D. nearest
54. A. hard B. busy
C. exciting D. unforgettable
55. A. stopped B. dropped
C. settled D. remained
56. A. hurried B. drove
C. went D. returned
57. A. study B. discuss
C. record D. remember
58. A. they B. anybody
C. he D. everybody
59. A. this B. these
C. it D. they
60.A. road B. street
C. way D. direction
61. A. that B. in that
C. which D. in which
62. A. suffer B. eat
C. harm D. spit
63. A. to feel B. feeling
C. felt D. having felt
64. A. strange B. painful
C. peaceful D. natural
65. A. happy B. interested
C. surprised D. excited
Robert is nine years old and Joanna is seven. They live at Mount Ebenezer. Their father has a big property. In Australia they call a farm a property.
Robert and Joanna like school very much. At school they can talk to their friends but Robert and Joanna, cannot see their friends. They live 100, perhaps 300, miles away and like Robert and Joanna, they all go to school by radio.
Mount Ebenezer is in the centre of Australia. Not many people live in”The Centre”. There are no schools with desks and blackboards and no teachers in “The Centre “. School is a room at home with a two-way radio. The teacher also has a two-way radio. Every morning she calls each student on the radio. when all students answer, lessons begin…Think of youchoolr teacher 300 miles away!
66. The children in”The Centre”do not go to a school because
A. they live too far away from one another.
B. they do not like school.
C. they are not old enough to go to school.
D. their families are too poor.
67. In order to send their children to school, parents in”The Centre”of Australia must have
A. a property. B. a car.
C. a school room at home. D. a special radio.
68. Teachers in “The Centre “of Australia teach
A. not in a classroom but at the homes of the students.
B. by speaking only and not showing anything in writing.
C. without using any textbooks or pictures.
D. without knowing whether the students are attending.
69. When children are having a lesson, they can hear their teacher
A. but their teacher cannot hear them.
B. and their teacher can hear them too.
C. but cannot hear their schoolmates.
D. and see him or her at the same time.
70.A”property”in Australia is a
A. house. B. school.
C. farm. D. radio.
Friends Joe Bloggs always had a cigarette(香烟) on his lips. He smoked while he read, while he looked at the television, and while he drank a cup of coffee. He smoked forty cigarettes a day, but he was happy.
Joe’s friend, Fred Brown, said to him, “It is very bad to smoke.” When Joe heard this, he started to worry and became thin. So he did not buy any more cigarettes. He became so thin he went to Fred for help.
Fred said, “You must eat more.” So Joe did not smoke, but he ate chocolate (巧克力), and he became very fat. Again he went to Fred for help.
Fred said, “You must not eat chocolate.” So Joe stopped eating chocolate, but he went back to smoking cigarettes. He became thin again but he was not happy, because he still mso-boked.
Sometimes Joe Bloggs wished Fred Brown was not his friend!
71. When Joe became thin the first time it was because
A. he smoked too much. B. he worried too much.
C. he stopped smoking. D. he ate too little.
72. The following sentences tell what happened to Joe. Which is the right order of the events (事实) ?
a. He did not smoke; he ate chocolate; he was fat; he was unhappy.
b. He smoked; he did not eat chocolate; he was thin; he was unhappy.
c. He smoked; he did not eat chocolate; he was not fat; he was happy.
A. a. b. c. B. c. b. a.
C. b. a. c. D. c. a. b.
73. In the end Joe was unhappy about his friendship with Fred because
A. Fred’s advice had brought him no good.
B. he never liked being told what to do.
C. he in fact had never really trusted Fred.
D. Fred had giaven him the wrong advice on purpose(故意).
74. What kind of person would you say Joe was?
A. He was not the kind of person who used his head much.
B. He had no will power to carry out a decision(决定).
C. He was not happy to let oth 0cm 0pters make decisions for him.
D. He was always changing his mind and was never satisfied.
75. What is the writer trying to tell us with this story?
A. One should think and decide for oneself.
B. One should ask friends for help and advice.
C. Smoking is bad for one’s health.
D. Chocolate is bad for one’s health.
Scientists would like to place a huge mirror in space above the earth. It might be sixty miles wide. It would be used to catch the rays(光线) of the sun. It would direct the sun’s rays upon the earth as a child might do to make sunlight dance on the wall with a hand mirror.
Why do they want to do this? The sun’s rays could be helpful in many ways. They could light up cities by night. The warm rays could stop frosts (霜冻) which might come at night and hurt fruit crops. They could melt (融化) dangerous icebergs in the ocean. Perhaps they could change cloud movements and bring rain where it is needed.
76. The huge mirror would
A. stand 60 miles in height (高度).
B. be 60 miles from side to side.
C. cover 60 miles of the earth.
D. be 60 miles above the earth.
77. The mirror would be used to
A. reflect (反射) sunlight.
B. absorb (吸收) sunlight.
C. see what the earth looks like.
D. see how clouds move.
78. The strong light from the mirror could possibly
A. hurt fruit crops. B. set fire to cities.
C. bring longer daytime. D. shine through walls.
79. The huge mirror is
A. something in a story. B. already made.
C. just an idea. D. to be made soon.
Cape Verde is an African country that contists of (由……组成) 10 main islands and 5 tiny ones. It lies in the Atlantic Ocean, about 400 miles west of Senegal on the African mainland (大陆).
Cape Verde has a population of about 329, 000 and a total area (面积) of 1, 557 square miles. Sao Tiago, the largest island, covers 383 square miles. There are no people living on Santa Luzia, the last of the ten larger islands, nor on the five small islands.
Praia, the capital of Cape Verde, is on Sao Tiago. However, the largest city, Mindelo, is on Sao Vicente, the sixth largest island of the group. Portugal(葡萄牙) ruled the islands from the
1460’s until 1975, when Cape Verde became independent(独立). Now Cape Verde is a republic with an elected president.
About 70 per cent of the people of Cape Verde have mixed black African and Portuguese (葡萄牙的) blood. The rest of the population are mostly black Africans.
80.Which of the following maps(198901) gives the right position of Cape Verde?
S=Senegal V=Cape Verde A=Africa
81. The most important city of Cape Verde is
A. Praia, because it is on the largest island.
B. Mindelo, because 70% of the people live there.
C. Praia, because that is where the government is.
D. Mindelo, because it is the capital of the country.
82. Which of the following shows the right relationship (关系) between Sao Tiago, Santa Luzia and Sao Vicente?
A. Sao Tiago>Santa Luzia>Sao Vicente
B. Sao Vicente>Sao Tiago>SantaLuzia
C. Sao Tiago>Sao VicIN: ente>Santa Luzia
D. Sao Vicente>Santa Luzia>Sao Tiago
83. If you visit Cape Verde, you will find
A. people only on the ten main islands.
B. about 200 people on every square mile of land.
C. people on all the islands except Santa Luzia.
D. no people on the six smallest islands.
84. Five hundred years ago Cape Verde was
A. a free country.
B. a colony (殖民地).
C. an unknown country.
D. a republic.
85. Three out of ten people living in Cape Verde are of
A. mixed Portuguese and African ancestry (祖先).
B. Portuguese ancestry.
C. either Portuguese or African ancestry.
D. Afer-irican ancestry.
1. 参观日期：7月22日，星期六。 时间：早餐后8点出发。午餐在参观地点吃。下午回来。
3. 欢迎每人参加一组活动。请选择好参观地点，并在今晚9点前到服务台(the Service Desk) 签名。
注85pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 16pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-line-height-rule: exactl意：
Ladies and gentlemen,
May I have your attention, please?
1. A 2. C 3. B 4. D 5. D 6. C 7. A 8. B 9. D 10.A
11. A 12. C 13. C 14. B 15. A 16. D 17. B 18. A 19. C 20.A
21. B 22. D 23. A 24. D 25. B 26. C 27. B 28. D 29. C 30.A
31. D 32. C 33. B 34. A 35. D 36. B 37. C 38. A 39. D 40.B
41. C 42. A 43. B 44. C 45. D 46. C 47. D 48. B 49. A 50.D
51. C 52. A 53. D 54. A 55. D 56. D 57. B 58. C 59. B 60.C
61. D 62. A 63. B 64. B 65. C 66. A 67. D 68. B 69. B 70.C
71. B 72. D 73. A 74. A 75. A 76. B 77. A 78. C 79. C 80.D
81. C 82. C 83. D 84. B 85. D
One possible version:
Ladies and gentlemen,
May I have your attention, please?
On Saturday 22 July there will be visits to different places. Everybody is welcome. Each person can choose to go to one of the places-a factory, a farm, a school or a hospital. Please sign your name at the Service Desk before 9: 00 P. m. and say which place you wish to visit.
We will set out after breakfast at eight and come back in the afternoon. We will have lunch at the place of visit. (or: Lunch will be served at the place of visit. )