gave B. save C. hat D. made
A. Canadian B. January C. balance D. advanced
A. president B. fresh C. fever D. electric
A. surface B. tear C. surround D. disappear
A. thirsty B. resist C. anxious D. universe
A. expert B. exhibition C. exercise D. exist
B) 以下所给单词均不完整，从A、B、-SIZE: 10.5pt; FONT-C、D中选出适当的字母或字母组合，使其完整与正确。
例： alr _______ dy
A. ea B. ee C. ie D. eu
&n94.5pt 168.0pt 241.5pt; mso-char-indent-size: 10.5pt">答案是A。
6. Europ _______ n
A. ea B. ae C. ia D. ie
7. requ _______
A. are B. iar C. ier D. ire
A. o; a B. o; e C. a; a D. a; e
9. immed _______ tely
A. ea B. ei C. ie D. ia
10.spl___nd ____ d
A. e; e B. e; i C. a; i D. a; e
例：He comes late sometimes, _______?
A. is he B. isn’t he C. comes he D. doesn’t he
11. Little Jim should love _______ to the theatre this evening.
A. to be taken B. to take C. being taken D. taking
12.—Could I borrow your dictionary?
—Yes, of course you _______.
A. might B. will C. can D. should
13. —Shall we go skating or stay at home?
—Which _______ do yourself?
A. do you rather B. would you rather
C. will you rather D. should you rather
14. —I usually go there by train.
—Why not _______ by boat for a change?
A. to try going B. trying to go C. to try and go D. try going
15. —Hello. May I speak to Zhao Hua?
A. My name’s Zhao Hua B. I’m Zhao Hua
C. This is Zhao Hua speaking D. Zhao Hua’s me
16. When Jack arrived he learned Mary _______ for almost an hour.
A. had gone B. had set off C. had left D. had been away
17. I really don’t want to go to the party, but I don’t see how I can _______ it.
A. get back from B. get out of C. get away D. get off
18. I would appreciate _______ back this afternoon.
A. you to call B. you call C. your calling D. you’re calling
19. —Have a nice weekend!
A. The same to you B. You do too C. The same as you D. You have it too
20.The doctor will be free _______.
A. 10 minutes later B. after 10 minutes C. in 10 minutes D. 10 minutes after
21. How _______ can you finish the drawing?
A. often B. soon C. long D. rapid . soon&nbs
22. —Do you know our town at all?
—No, this is the first time I _______ here.
A. was B. have been C. came D. am coming
23. Mr Zhang gave the textbooks to all the pupils except _______ who had already taken them.
A. the ones B. ones C. some D. the others
24. _______ terrible weather we’ve been having these days!
A. How a B. What a C. How D. What
25. There’re so many kinds of tape-recorders on sale that I can’t make up my mind _______ to buy.
A. what B. which &nbFONsp; C. how D. where
26. -We could have walked to the station; it was so near.
-Yes. A taxi _______ at all necessary.
A. wasn’t B. hadn’t been C. wouldn’t be D. won’t be
27. In the dark street, there wasn’t a single person _______ she could turn for help.
A. that B. who C. from whom D. to whom
28. Which is _______ country, Canada or Australia?
A. a large B. larger C. a larger D. the larger
29. Shortly after the accident, two _______ police were sent to the spot to keep order.
A. dozen of B. dozens C. dozen D. dozens of
30.It was not _______ she took off her dark glasses _______ I realized she was a famous film star.
A. when; that B. until; that C. until; when D. when; then
31. If city noises _______ from increasing, people
_______ shout to be heard even at the dinner table 20 years from now.
A. are not kept; will have to B. are not kept; have to
C. do not keep; will have to D. do not keep; have to
32. _______ the 2000 Olympic Games will be held in Beijing is not known yet.
A. Whenever B. If C. Whether D. That
33. Go and get your coat. It’s _______ you left it.
A. there B. where C. there where D. where there
34. John was so sleepy that he could hardly keep his eyes
A. open B. to be opened C. to open D. opening
35. It worried her a bit _______ her hair was turning grey.
A. while B. that C. if D. for
36. -Where’s Jack?
-I think he’s still in _______ bed, but he might just be in _______ bathroom.
A. (不填); (不填) B. the; the C. the; (不填) D. (不填); the
37. -Will you give this message to Mr White, please?
-Sorry, I can’t. He _______.
A. doesn’t any more work here B. doesn’t5pt 168.0pt any longer here work
C. doesn’t work any more here D. doesn’t work here any longer
38. We have worked out the plan and now we must put it into _______.
A. fact B. reality C. practice D. deed
39. _______ a reply, he decided to write again.
A. Not receiving B. Receiving not C. Not having received D. Having not received
40.Tom _______ into the house when no one _______.
A. slipped; was looking B. had slipped; looked
C. slipped; had looked D. was slipping; looked
阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从41-65各题所给e="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Time的四个选项中，选出一个最佳答案。
On Thursday afternoon Mrs Clarke locked the door and went to the women’s club as usual. It was a pleasant way of passing time ___41___ an old woman who lived ___42___.
When she came home she sensed something ___43___. Had someone got in? The back door and the windows were all ___44___ and there was no ___45___ of forced entry (进入). Had ___46___ been taken? She went from room to room, ___47___, and found her camera and spare watch ___48___.
The following Thursday she went out at her ___49___ time, but didn’t go to the club. ___50___, she took a short walk in a park nearby and came home, ___51___ herself in through the back door. She settled down to wait and see what would ___52___.
It was 4 o’clock when the front doorbell rang. Mrs Clarke was ___53___ tea at the time. The bell rang again, and ___54___ she heard her letter-box being pushed open. ___55___ the kettle (壶) of boiling water, she moved quietly ___56___ the door. A ___57___ of wire appeared through the letter-box, and then a ___58___. The wire turned and caught around the knob (圆形旋钮) on the door-lock. Mrs Clarke raised the kettle and ___59___ the water over the hand. ___60___ was heard outside as the ___61___ fell to the floor and the hand was pulled back, which was ___62___ by the sound of running feet.
It wasn’t long ___63___ the police caught the thief. And Mrs Clarke was greatly ___64___at the club for her successful ___65___.
41. A. by B. to C. with D. for
42. A. lonely B. alone C. away D. busily
43. A. terrible B. uncomfortable C. unusual D. bad
44. A. locked B. opened C. broken D. fixed
45. A. scene B. show C. sign D. sight
46. A. anything B. nothing C. money D. jewels
47. A. looking B. examining C. searching D. checking
48. A. losing B. missing C. leaving D. disappearing
49. A. same B. spare C. special D. usual
50.A. Therefore B. However C. Instead D. Again
51. A. pushing B. letting C. pulling D. leading
52. A. appear B. follow C. happen D. continue
53. A. cooking B. making C. burning D. serving
54. A. the next moment B. for a while
C. in time D. at once
55. A. Putting down B. Laying aside
C. Picking up D. Taking away
56. A. towards B. away from C. from behind D. near
57. A. pile B. set C. lot D. piece
58. A. knife B. hand C. letter D. key
59. A. spread B. dropped C. poured D. covered
60.A. A sad voice B. A strange noise C. A warning shout D. A sharp cry
61. A. key B. kettle C. door-lock D. wire
62. A. followed B. caused C. produced D. ended
63. A. before B. since C. until D. when
64. A. surprised B. admired C. inspired D. supported
65. A. self-satisfaction B. self-protection
C. self-respect D. self-service
Shu Pulong has helped at least 1000 people bitten (咬) by snakes.” It was seeing people with snake bites (伤口) that led me to this career, “ he said.
In 1963, after his army service, Shu entered a medical school and later became a doctor of Chinese medicine. As part of his studies he had to work in the mountains. There he often heard of people who had their arms and legs cut off after a snake bite in order to save their lives.
”The sad story touched me so much that I decided to devote myself to helping people bitten by snakes” Shu said.
66. The best headline (标题) for this newspaper article is
A. Astonishing Medicine B. Farmer Loses Arm
C. Dangerous Bites D. Snake Doctor
67. The farmer lost his arm because _______.
A. the cloth was wrapped too tightly B. he cut it off to save his life
C. Shu wasn’t there to help him D. he was alone in the fields
68. Shu decided to devote himself to snake medicine because
A. he wanted to save people’s arms and legs
B. he had studied it at a medical school
C. he had seen snakes biting people
D. his army service had finished
69. Why did Shu go into the mountains?
A. He wanted to study snake bites.
B. He wanted to help the farmers.
C. He was being trained to be a doctor.
D. He was expected to serve in the army.
70.Which of the following words can take the place of the word career in the first paragraph (段) ? 10.
A. conclusion B. story C. incident D. job
Sam and Joe were astronauts. There was once a very dangerous trip and the more experienced astronauts knew there was only a small chance of coming back alive (活着). Sam and Joe, however, thought it would be exciting though a little dangerous.” We’re the best men for the job, “they said to the boss.” There may be problems, but we can find the answers.” “They’re the last people I’d trust, “ thought the boss.” But all the other astronauts have refused to go.”
Once they were in space, Joe had to go outside to make some repairs. When the repairs were done, he tried to get back inside the spaceship. But the door was locked. He knocked but there was no answer. He knocked again, louder this time, and again no answer came. Then he hit the door as hard as he could and finally a voice said, “Who’s there?” “It’s me! Who else could it be?” shouted Joe. Sam let him in all right but you can imagine that Joe never asked to go on a trip with Sam again!
71. Most of the astronauts were unwilling to go on the trip because _______.
A. there was little chance of being selected
B. they weren’t experienced enough
C. they thought they might get killed
D. it wasn’t exciting enough
72. Why were Sam and Joe chosen?
A. The boss wanted them to get more experience.
B. The boss trusted them more than anyone else.
C. They were the last people who wanted to go.
D. They were the only men who offered to go.
73. What did Sam and Joe think the trip would be like?
A. There would be serious problems.
B. There wouldn’t be any danger.
C. It would be long and tiring.
D. It would be exciting.
74. Joe didn’t want to work with Sam again probably because he thought Sam _______.
A. was very slow and possibly deaf
B. didn’t know how to operate the door
C. was less experienced than he was
D. didn’t know how to do repairs
75. The writer tells this story to _______.
A. show the dangerous side of the astronauts’ life
B. show the funny side of the astronauts’ life
C. make people laugh
D. make people think
One Sunday, Mark decided to go sailing in his boat with his friend Dan, but Dan happened to be away. Dan’s brother John offered to go instead though he did not know anyS style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'thing about sailing. Mark agreed and they set out to sea.
Soon they found themselves in a thick fog. Mark was sure they would be hit by a big ship. Fortunately he saw a large buoy (浮标) through the fog and decided to tie the boat to it for safety. As he was getting onto the buoy, however, he dropped the wet rope. The boat moved away in the fog carrying John, who did not know how to use the radio. He drifted (漂流) about and was not seen until twelve hours later.
Mark spent the night on the buoy. In the early morning he fell asleep. He was having a bad dream when a shout woke him up. A ship, the Good Hope, came up and he climbed onto it and thanked the captain. The captain told him that John had been picked up by another ship and the ship’s captain had sent out a message.” Without the message I would not have found you on the buoy, “ he said.
76. Why didn’t Mark and Dan go sailing together?
A. Dan asked his brother to go instead.
B. Dan was in some other place.
C. Mark was in some other place.
D. Mark would like to go with John.
77. Mark tried to tie the boat to the buoy so that _______.
A. he could spend the night on it while John was looking for help
B. he and John could go sailing again when the fog cleared
C. it wouldn’t be hit by other ships
D. he might be picked up by a passing ship
78. John and Mark became separated because _______.
A. there wasn’t room for both John and Mark on the buoy
B. John couldn’t control the boat and drifted away
C. Mark thought it safe to stay on the buoy but John didn’t
D. John had to stay in the boat to radio for help
79. What made it possible for Mark to be found on the buoy?
A. John told people where to look for him.
B. John radioed to the Good Hope to get him.
C. He shoWeuted when he caught sight of the Good Hope.
D. The captain saw him as the fog cleared.
80.The word he in the last sentence refers to _______
A. the captain that got the message
B. the captain that sent the message
The basenji is a central African hunting dog. It comes from a country called Chad, which is north of the Central African Republic. The basenji was well-known as the “silent dog” because for centuries no basenjis had ever been known to bark (吠). Then at a dog show in London in 1953, a basenji actually barked.
As well as being clever, basenjis are known for their natural courage and are still popular hunting dogs in Africa. But in America people keep them mainly because they are gentle and full of fun. The basenji has an unusual habit: it washes itself all over like a cat. It is a middle-sized dog, 16 or 17 inches high from the shoulder. It weighs about 20 pounds. A basrica.enji’s coat is short and silky. It may be brown, white, or gold, or a mixture of these three colours.
81. Basenjis were first found _______.
A. in Africa, Europe and America
B. in both Africa and America
C. in central Africa
D. in North Africa
82. What made basenjis so special?
A. They were funny enough to make people laugh.
B. One of them barked at a dog show in London.
C. They were a true friend of man.
D. They were born quiet dogs.
83. Americans like basenjis because they are _______.
A. pleasant B. Pretty C. clean D. quiet
84. In what way are basenjis like cats?
A. They make gentle sounds instead of barking
B. They are fond of people and look like cats.
C. They clean themselves all over.
D. They have short, silky fur.
85. Basenjis are good hunters because they are _______.
A. strong B. fearless
C. the right colour D. the right weight
May 31st Sunday Fine
1. A 2. C 3. A 4. B 5. D 6. A 7. D 8. C 9. D 10.B
11. A 12. C 13. B 14. D 15. C 16. D 17. B 18. C 19. A 20.C
21. B 22. B 23. A 24. D 25. B 26. A 27. D 28. D 29. C 30.B
31. A 32. C 33. B 34. A 35. B 36. D 37. D 38. C 39. C 40.A
41. D 42. B 43. C 44. A 45. C 46. A 47. D 48. B 49. D 50.C
51. B 52. C 53. B 54. A 55. C 56. A 57. D 58. B 59. C 60.D
61. D 62. A 63. A 64. B 65. B 66. D 67. B 68. A 69. C 70.D
71. C 72. D 73. D 74. A 75. C 76. B 77. C 78. B 79. A 80.A
81. C 82. D 83. A 84. C 85. B
五、One possible version:
It was Grandma’s birthday. Father, Mother and I went to visit her. She lives with my uncle in a village not too far away. Early in the morning we bought some presents and took the bus to get there.
Grandma and Uncle were so glad to see us. We gave the presents to Grandma and she was very happy. Then we sat down to talk, while Uncle went to prepare lunch. The meal was so nice that we all enjoyed it very much. At 4 o’clock, we said goodbye and set off for home.