作者：沪江英语 来源：互联网 2011-11-13 08:30
61. Buyers and sellers should be aware of new developments in technology can and does affect marketing activities.
62. The application of electronic controls made possible by the microprocessor and computer storage have multiplied the uses of the modern typewriter.
63. The human skeleton consists of more than two hundred bones bound together by tough and relatively inelastic connective tissues called ligaments.
64. The pigmentation of a pearl is influenced by the type of oyster in which it develops and by the depth, temperature, and the salt content of the water in which the oyster lives.
65. Although mockingbirds superbly mimic the songs and calls of many birds, they can nonetheless be quickly identified as mockingbirds by certain aural clues.
66. Not only can walking fish live out of water, but they can also travel short distances over land.
67. Scientists do not know why dinosaurs became extinct, but some theories postulate that changers in geography, climate, and sea levels were responsible.
68. The science of horticulture, in which the primary concerns are maximum yield and superior quality, utilizes information derived from other sciences.
69. Snow aids farmers by keeping heart in the lower ground levels, thereby saving the seeds from freezing.
70. Even though the precise qualities of hero in literary words may vary over time, the basic exemplary function of the hero seems to remain constant.
71. People in prehistoric times created paints by grinding materials such as plants and clay into power and then adding water.
72. Often very annoying weeds, goldenrods crowd out less hardy plants and act as hosts to many insect pests.
73. Starting around 7000 B.C., and for the next four thousand years, much of the Northern Hemisphere experienced temperatures warmer than at present.
74. When Henry Ford first sought financial backing for making cars, the very notion of farmers and clerks owning automobiles was considered ridiculous.
75. Though once quite large, the population of the bald eagle across North America has drastically declined in the past forty years.
76. The beaver chews down trees to get food and material with which to build its home.
77. Poodles were once used as retrievers in duck hunting, but the American Kennel Club does not consider them sporting dogs because they are now primarily kept as pets.
78. As a result of what is now know in physics and chemistry, scientists have been able to make important discoveries in biology and medicine.
79. The practice of making excellent films based on rather obscure novels has been going on so long in the United States as to constitute a tradition.