OFFICE ASSISTANT: Good morning. Odyssey Promotions. How may I help you?

办公室文员: 早上好。这里是奥德赛企划公司。我能为您提供什么帮助吗?

NICK: Hello, this is Nick Delwin from Communicon. Could I speak to Helen Turner, please?

尼克: 你好,我是国际通讯公司的尼克·戴尔文。可以帮我转接海伦·特纳吗?

OFFICE ASSISTANT: Just a moment, please.

办公室文员: 请稍等。

OFFICE ASSISTANT: I have Nick Delwin on the line for you.

办公室文员: 有个叫尼克·戴尔文的人打来电话要找你。

HELEN: Thank you... Hi, Nick. Nice to hear from you. How’s the English weather?

海伦: 谢谢……你好,尼克。很高兴接到你的电话。英国那边的天气怎么样?

NICK: It’s pretty good for the time of year. What’s it like in New York?

尼克: 就今年这个时候来讲,还是相当不错的。纽约那边的天气呢?

HELEN: Not good, I’m afraid.

海伦: 恐怕不怎么样。

NICK: That’s a pity because I’m planning to come across next week.

尼克: 那真糟糕,因为我正打算下礼拜过去一趟。

HELEN: Really? Well, you’ll come by to see us while you’re here, I hope?

海伦: 真的吗?嗯,我希望你来的时候能顺便过来看看我们,可以吗?

NICK: That’s what I’m phoning about. I’ve got a meeting with a customer in Boston on Tuesday of next week. I was hoping we could arrange to meet up either before or after.

尼克: 这正是我打电话想要告诉你的事情。下礼拜二,我要在波士顿会见一个客户。我希望,在那之前或之后我们能找个时间见一下。

HELEN: Great. That would give us a chance to show you the convention centre, and we could also drop in at Caesar’s Restaurant where Gregg has arranged your reception.

海伦: 太好了。那样我们就有机会带领你参观一下会议中心了,而且我们还可以顺便去凯萨饭店,葛雷格已经在那里为你安排好了接待活动。

NICK: That’s what I was thinking.

尼克: 我也是这么想的。

HELEN: So you said you have to be in Boston on Tuesday? That’s the 8th?

海伦: 嗯,你说你要在礼拜二的时候到波士顿?那是8号吧?

NICK: That’s right. Now, I could stop over in New York either on the way in - that would be the Monday...Would that be possible?

尼克: 没错。那样的话,我也可以在去之前先去纽约一趟——可能是礼拜一的时候——那没问题吧?

 

声明:沪江网高度重视知识产权保护,发现本网站发布的信息包含有侵犯其著作权的链接内容时,请联系我们,我们将做相应处理。